Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

questions for an EVO enthusiest

Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Havoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong
Default Re: questions for an EVO enthusiest

I wouldnt buy an overly modded Evo especially with that price.

Originally Posted by Fasterthanthem
Yeah, my bad. Just asked my friend and his has an FP black and was tuned by AMS.

EDIT: and he says the 412AWHP was on stock turbo, has since made 485AWHP with the FP black.
Your friend is the Mexican dude with the silver evo in the navy?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Skraight.

Fasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sliknik874
thanks alot, keep um coming, btw, talked him down some i dont plan on paying 26,900
Yeah, that price is rediculous. I've seen ones with the same mods go for 19k in the Chicago area. Can't see them going for much more in this area.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Skraight.

Fasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond reputeFasterthanthem has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sun Wukong
I wouldnt buy an overly modded Evo especially with that price.

Your friend is the Mexican dude with the silver evo in the navy?
No, my friends is black with black BBS wheels.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

To the OP: I'm always reluctant to buy any modded car from anyone man. That usually means it's been beat to shit. I'd look for a stock one that hasn't been modded (which would be tough to do I know) and do what you want to do from the start.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by Qwiksillva
To the OP: I'm always reluctant to buy any modded car from anyone man. That usually means it's been beat to shit. I'd look for a stock one that hasn't been modded (which would be tough to do I know) and do what you want to do from the start.
THIS
Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 AM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

I love seeing built/boosted cars on here and in the FS ad it says never been beat on. So you paid ALL that money to never get any use out of it? BS. Bottom line, a stock car is going to have way less problems than a modded one.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ryanherington
I love seeing built/boosted cars on here and in the FS ad it says never been beat on. So you paid ALL that money to never get any use out of it? BS. Bottom line, a stock car is going to have way less problems than a modded one.
I have an Evo 9 with 66400 miles with a BBK full and cams and I don't beat on it, I'm still on the stock clutch but 4th set of tires and second set of pads and rotors. I have spent a good amount of money on it, I use it, but I don't abuse it.
If you are set on getting this ask for maintenance records and then you will have a better understanding of the history of the car.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

this car should do 11s all day, but it may brake down before you get to the track. who knows really. what is obvious is that this car was modified (highly modified tbh) and that means its been ragged on for a good part of its life. if you arent mechanically inclined in the mistu world, and dont have friends who are, i would stay away from it. getting a higher paying job is temporary, but the car payments will stay with you for atleast 4 years...
Old 05-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874

yeah i was kinda thinking the same thing, but i did call the guy selling, he said is was friends car garage kept, and baby'd, but i am kinda iffy on this, i want it because i want to do mods like these ones in the future, if i got a stock one, so i figured why waste my time buying all the stuff and just buy this one with all the crap on it, plus it seems like there might be anywere 5,000 to 8,000$ in mods done to it already, i know the FP red turbo is sick, but i am wondering why he's selling it, if its almost too perfect
Old 05-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

have you checked insurance on a EVO yet? shit is your record clean?

EVO's are one of the highest Insurance cost cars to own.

Quick Reply: questions for an EVO enthusiest