Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

questions for an EVO enthusiest

Old 05-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874 sliknik874
Default Re: questions for an EVO enthusiest

just saying the job i got isnt just temporary, im making gooood money now, i think i would be able to afford any mainenance on the vehicle if needed, even a few grand, plus i know of the mr 6 speed transmissions going out, when i called the guy he said it had a rebuilt 5 speed transmission, which gave me even more incentive to buy, because if i did get a stock mr, i would get the weak 6 speed, transmission which cost like 4k to fix when it goes out, so i all honesty i have the money for it, but its at least 8 hours away from me, and i dont want it breaking down on the drive back, anyone got anymore opinions on this situation, they would be appreciated, thanks
Old 05-03-2011, 10:24 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

depends on how old the guy is that is selling it etc.. personally i would find out his screen name and do some background research on the person because that will lead to information (true info) about the car.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:38 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

as much as i love evo's and sti's i wont have one for a while for 3 reasons: 1) my driving record isnt stellar 2) likely to have been ragged on, and hard 3) maintenance is high. if you are getting the car for cheap (like ~16-18) then maybe, but then ask yourself why is he letting it go for so little?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber

for ~$20,000- $26,000, I'd look at other brands of cars. Since you are looking for cars that have a few years on them, your options are better if you're wanting a performance car.

I'd definately try to look at some Subaru's, Mini's, and GTI's/Audi's. Whether or not the stigma is still true...I'm still leery of putting 'Mitsubishi' and 'long lasting' in the same breath.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Registered member

ppayer38 has disabled reputation

I prefer to not buy car modded that much from a dealer.... If I was to buy that EVO it would have to be from a person who knew exactly what they did, had all paper work, and had people to back him up on the car and work done to it if not done by a shop.

-1st off I would pay over $18K for that car as you can get them in much better shape and knowning the history off of EvoM
-Check all the maintaince on it
-Chck the rear end and see if it has any marks from where they like to hit on the top of the pumpkin head from running them hard and shifting hard
-Since it is an MR you better believe with those mods the tranny has already been rebuilt and will need it again as 6spd sucks(personal experiance)
-Check all bushings and joints to see how hard the car was road and taken car of
-I had 1 and they are alot to keep up with and insurance isnt to bad just make sure you are ready to spend the money and time working on the car....

***MOST OF THE TIME YOU GET A CAR CHEAP IS FOR 1 OR 3 REASON... 1. SELLER NEEDS MONEY(NOT LIKELY AS HE HAD AN EVO) 2. CAR IS RAGGED AND/OR IN RUFF SHAPE AND HE DOESNT WANNA FIX IT 3. YOUR GETTING 1 HELL OF A DEAL(NEVER HAPPENS)

OVERALL ADVICE: Hell no stay away and if anything just go to a test drive and play haha Go to EvoM and get 1 as there are a bunch of people within 3hrs that have very nive cars forsale that are close to stock and very well taken care of and you can search the forums and find out how things were done on it by owners knowledge of posting....

This is coming from a previous 06 Evo IX MR owner....

Last edited by ppayer38; 05-03-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo

Insurance is high on evos? I pay $210 a month for full coverage on 2 evos and a truck so thats a dumb comment.

A Mitsu will out perform a subaru any day. And besides with Subby's they are known for spinning bearings when you start modding. As for a evo a stock motor and tranny can get you into the 9's(my car is proof)
Depending on the tune/boost for this car you could run 10's. I ran a 10.7 on just about the same mods with 35lbs of boost, stock motor.
The MR's stock 6 speed tranny is weak if you want to drag the car. But like stated i wouldnt buy that car at all for that price. And like ppayer said check evom.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Duct tape & Zip Ties

SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO

Originally Posted by Sun Wukong
I wouldnt buy an overly modded Evo especially with that price.

Your friend is the Mexican dude with the silver evo in the navy?
I know a couple mexican guys that have 8's, but I think I know what one your thinking of cherrod. I sold him my pipping and a bov. he never took care of it, ended up blowing the head gasket and letting it sit for a year.

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
have you checked insurance on a EVO yet? shit is your record clean?

EVO's are one of the highest Insurance cost cars to own.
actualllyyyy, they are cheaper. my 9 mr was cheaper then my 06 jeep grand pos cherokee. by about 100 bucks a month.

Originally Posted by 04evo
Insurance is high on evos? I pay $210 a month for full coverage on 2 evos and a truck so thats a dumb comment.

A Mitsu will out perform a subaru any day. And besides with Subby's they are known for spinning bearings when you start modding. As for a evo a stock motor and tranny can get you into the 9's(my car is proof)
Depending on the tune/boost for this car you could run 10's. I ran a 10.7 on just about the same mods with 35lbs of boost, stock motor.
The MR's stock 6 speed tranny is weak if you want to drag the car. But like stated i wouldnt buy that car at all for that price. And like ppayer said check evom.
good god son, you wanted to blow your shit up? running 35lbs on a stock engine is a good start.
everything else your correct.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:37 AM
Registered Member

04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo

it never blew and now has a built motor. i was going for a couple stock block records.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:31 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Fuck...for $26K you can get a low mileage Cobra with a KB and 600whp.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Fuck...for $26K you can get a low mileage Cobra with a KB and 600whp.
fucking THIS.

Quick Reply: questions for an EVO enthusiest