Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

questions for an EVO enthusiest

Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: questions for an EVO enthusiest

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Fuck...for $26K you can get a low mileage Cobra with a KB and 600whp.
. . . or you can get a C6 driven by an old fart all its life AND probably has cheaper insurance AND probably gets better gas mileage than the Evo.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:30 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by RandomTask
. . . or you can get a C6 driven by an old fart all its life AND probably has cheaper insurance AND probably gets better gas mileage than the Evo.
I'll buy that. Does it come with Rich's special Stripper dust?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:14 AM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Truth
Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
I'll buy that. Does it come with Rich's special Stripper dust?
I would pay extra for that option.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Or C5 Z06
Old 05-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo

you up it to 30k ill sell you my 700hp evo
Old 05-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by sliknik874
I just landed a well paying job, I plan on buying this EVO in the next weeks, it has alot of mods already done to, but i was wondering if someone (who really knows their stuff) could give me some opinions on it, like what it might do in the 1/4 mile, what other mods i should invest in eventually, etc, i really appreciate thanks

http://www.allcityautosale.com/Deale...TKDwI41GyTU%3D
Not worth it

Originally Posted by 04evo
you up it to 30k ill sell you my 700hp evo
Still not worth it.

Why? Because you never know what kind of stupid crap the previous owner did. Perfect example: I bought my 1992 Plymouth Laser RS (AWD) late last year, supposed to fully built and in perfect condition. The previous owner said the car made 400 AWHP at 24 psi, but he said he turned the boost down to 18 psi. Which made sense, since the A/F was running low 10s, high 9's at some point. I decided I wanted to get few more ponies at of it. As I turned up the boost it closer to mid-higher 10's around 24 psi. But I still was seeing 0 knock so I assumed the car was tuned conservatively. So I kept tuning up the boost. By 27 psi, something just didn't see right. I expected some knock if at least a tick, but by then it was too late. The last run did the sputter-knock dance blew the head gasket. I hoped the HG was my only problem... I would not be so lucky.

Pitting in pistons

Head not salvageable

Come to find out the reason I was seeing no knock was this:

Previous owner (or the shop that tuned) set the rev limter at 7750 RPMS, but set the knock to read 0 until 7950 RPMS. Pretty much never register any knock under any circumstances. If they guy had just told me the problem. I probably could have fixed it myself without having to rebuild the motor.

You just never know what kind of messed up stuff the previous owner did. Sure wish I checked that before tuning the car. That's what I get for assuming a shop knows what they are doing, I suppose.....
Attached Thumbnails questions for an EVO enthusiest-no-knock.jpg   questions for an EVO enthusiest-no-rev.jpg  
Old 05-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Wow what a tuning fail! Why didnt you check to see where the knock was set to read? some DSM'ers really take the shitty route to things. ALso maintaining a 700hp cant be very cheap.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo 04evo

My car is a straight race car now. It has a built motor from buschur with at most 100 miles on it. All work done by STM in Rocheter NY, and reciepts saved also. But you are very right you never know what you are getting when you buy a used car. I mean this car had tons of problems when i first bought it back in 2007. Maintaining any car isnt cheap. lol. I mean spark plugs for my other car is $80 so they all are a money pit.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

lilgunz lilgunz lilgunz lilgunz lilgunz lilgunz

I too have had an 03 Evo, and now have an Evo X, they are not cheap to maintain as had been said before, and definately alot cheaper if you can do alot of the work yourself, I definately would not pay that much for that car, as you can probably find some 2008 Evo X for less than that. but that car does look pretty clean, but then again I didn't see any engine bay pictures. and I would be going to look at the car in person if I was gonna be buying something like that, as I would want to drive it and look over it pretty closely. I would definately go on evom and post this, as I am sure that they person that had previously owned it could tell you about it, and alot more Evo knowlegable people on it. insurance wise it is not that bad, unless your record sucks, I don't think i pay over $180 for my X and my 09 F-150 Lariat.