Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reckless ticket advice

Old 04-01-2003, 05:36 PM
automatic bliss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wannabe Drifta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reckless ticket advice

I got a reckless speeding ticket in South Hampton, VA while on probation for a speeding ticket in Yorktown. Has anyone been in this situation before? What happened to you? Do you have any advice?

Also, has anyone dealt with the South Hampton court system?
Old 04-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Banned

SlidingS-10 is an unknown quantity at this point

you will probibly lose your license for atleast 30 days maybe more but thats a "PROBIBLY" cant say any thing they could let you off who knows
Old 04-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default Re: Reckless ticket advice

Originally posted by Wannabe Drifta
Do you have any advice?
Drive more responsibly...
Old 04-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Banned

thelastmirage is an unknown quantity at this point

take a defensive driving class and tell the judge you work far away from your house so you might at least get a restricted license.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:11 AM
DJ Erowid?

Ozzie V is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, the speeding ticket you got in Yoktown will be carried out and u will be guilty of it.

I will guess suspended/restriced liscense. If you take driving school the judge MIGHT take it easier on you
Old 04-02-2003, 09:01 AM
<3 My Shrek<3

stockkiagurl is an unknown quantity at this point

take a saturday defensive driving class thats approved by the DMV (been there 3 times *sigh*), and make sure ur judge knows u have taken it and brignthe paper they give u to sourt... he might be willing to give a restricted license instead of suspending it.....

oh yeah, why the fuck were ya speedin leik that knwoing u were on probation???
Old 04-04-2003, 07:22 PM
Young Grasshopper

94MazdaMX-3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go get your speedometer calibrated. I got mine calibrated when I got a reckless driving ticket 91/55 and got let off with a faulty equipment charge. I was like 7 or 8 off don't know how, when i have the stock tires on. Try going to Nissan/Mazda dealership on Jefferson before Fort Eutis blvd because I think there dyno is off.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:28 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

-take a driver improvement course before your trial date to show you have initiative. more than likely they are going to tell you to take it anyway

-get the best lawyer for that area who knows everyone in the system, because they can speak to the judge prior to the hearing and come to a consensus. they can lessen the charge

if it's your first moving violation, then you'll have little to worry about

i wouldnt recommend getting your speedometer calibrated if YOU know good as well you were speeding...the reason being is that the calibration test is sent to the virginia state police and is filed. you have to get it fixed before you can drive if your speedometer proves to be faulty. and if your speedometer is expensive to fix then you'll end up paying more than the beginning...

hope this helps

Last edited by LSPinoy; 04-04-2003 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:36 AM
My baby Aiden

h22a4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been in a similar situation, but not on any kind of probation. Anytime you get a reckless driving ticket, it definitely is not a good thing. Especially the fact that you're on probation. Going to driving school may help, but won't have as much of an impact as you think. You're now a candidate for 12 mos of jail time (worse case ie. property damage, deaths) and up to hundreds of dollars in fines. There are a lot of factors that can help lessen your load such as your occupation, age, sex, and sometimes (sad, but true) race. I strongly suggest hiring a lawyer (preferably from the Peter Decker law firm) to lessen your charge. But, once again, a reckless driving ticket during your probation shows a lot of irresponsibility and carelessness to yourself and to those around you. Forget calibrating your speedometer, cause it's clear that you have a heavy foot not an inaccurate speedometer. In my HONEST opinion, speaking from experience, you're outcome will not be a favorable one.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:19 PM
automatic bliss

Wannabe Drifta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h22a4
I strongly suggest hiring a lawyer (preferably from the Peter Decker law firm) to lessen your charge.
h22a4, why this certain firm?

Also, thanks for everyone's advice... the only thing i can say in my defense is that i was lost in NC leaving ECU for over an hour and i had to be at work in Williamsburg at 3... nervous reck... yeah i know i shouldn't have been speeding like that... believe me i have learned my lesson...

If anyone has specifically delt with the South Hampton court system, let me know. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Reckless ticket advice