Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reckless ticket advice

Old 04-07-2003, 02:48 PM
~ Girlie girl ~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swt02accord is an unknown quantity at this point

hey - not to sound like i know it all or anything, but im a paralegal at a law firm in Hampton. Reckless driving holds a jail sentence of up to 12 months and i fine of up to $2500. Not to say that is what you will get, however, with you being on probation for another ticket, well, lets just say thats not good. We have never dealt with Southhampton County but from what i have heard, they throw the book at you because they are a small county and this is how they make their money. I would DEFINATELY hire an attorney. the closer to southhampton the better because if you hire an attorney from this area, you are gonna pay alot more because the attorney had to travel and they charge by the hour. (Our attorney's charge 225 and hour) OUCH!!! So take this for what it is worth and good luck - just thought i would try to help.!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 08:26 PM
My baby Aiden

h22a4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wannabe Drifta
h22a4, why this certain firm?

I recommended them because they're honest people that don't try to scare you and rack up on your money. If they're not certain they can help you in anyway, they do not accept your case. They have reasonable prices and are one of the most reputable law firms in the area. I had Larry Cardon for Virginia Beach courts, and he was truly a big help! I was on my second reckless driving ticket for racing 84/45. I only got a fine of $250. He charged me about $700. Keep in mind, they may not have an attorney for your area but may travel if paid. I'd call them up, consultations are free.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:06 AM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

you should find a lawyer who has a flat rate... i paid $500 for an attorney in new kent county. that included the consultation and no hidden charges or extended charges. my next door neighbor recommended me to her because he has connections with certain lawyers. i had to drive to her office. we sat down talked for 20 minutes or so on what happened. she took notes. and tha rest was left till the court date.

but if you say u have a probation ticket on top of that...its all up in the air sad to say
Old 04-08-2003, 10:52 AM

Panda can only hope to improve

i went to jail for 4 days and got a $250 fine and it was my first reckless. I was doing 70 in a 35.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:48 PM
automatic bliss

Wannabe Drifta is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks... now i'm really worried... I will definitely talk to lawyers... thanks for everyone's advice...
Old 04-08-2003, 06:28 PM
WnnaLse2AChck?

z28chick z28chick
Default Re: Reckless ticket advice

Originally posted by Wannabe Drifta
I got a reckless speeding ticket in South Hampton, VA while on probation for a speeding ticket in Yorktown. Has anyone been in this situation before? What happened to you? Do you have any advice?

Also, has anyone dealt with the South Hampton court system?
i wouldnt know...everytime i get pulled over for reckless i never get a ticket...i even just got pulled over sat for 110 in 55 by a state trooper and i got off...i had ppl with me so i have proof...god i love being a chick
Old 04-08-2003, 06:54 PM
representyoshit

ef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these parts

thats bullshit any guy would have been arrested and given a ticket.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:25 AM
automatic bliss

Wannabe Drifta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: Reckless ticket advice

Originally posted by z28chick
i wouldnt know...everytime i get pulled over for reckless i never get a ticket...i even just got pulled over sat for 110 in 55 by a state trooper and i got off...i had ppl with me so i have proof...god i love being a chick
I am a girl too... i get told im stupid all through this thread for speeding but what you did is just rediculous... but good job bragging about it...

I got a lawyer for $200... my first ticket isn't going to show when i go to court for the reckless and the lawyer said that the judge will most likely give me a fine... ill be ok... but thanks everyone.

Later.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

110 in a 55, not un-usual.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:56 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

hahaha

Quick Reply: Reckless ticket advice