Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Sept. 25th - E-CITY 1/8th Mile OPEN INVITE

Old 09-19-2009, 10:20 AM
-8th Day Clothing-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Re: Sept. 25th - E-CITY 1/8th Mile OPEN INVITE

Originally Posted by Boost-box
how much? how wide are the tires?
Cheap - ill PM you my number.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:21 AM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Originally Posted by slo-180sx
I should be able to make it to this.
Awesome .... more mustangs to beat up on
Old 09-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Registered member

slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx

Yes, well mine is slow. Ill be happy if I make it into the 13's, lol.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
REAL SE-R

Savagesr20 will become famous soon enough

^^^^^^^^^^^13s in the 1/8th? lol

Im gonna try to take my sentra... (low 8, high 7 is the goal)
Old 09-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Registered member

slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx

lol my mistake, I always forget its an 1/8th.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RameyBuilt
lol we are just testing the car before the outlaw race, i havent decided yet we might go to vmp for the all day test and tune 100 bucks 9am till 10 pm
If you do this let me know.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Wish my 3rd gen camaro was up and running...
Old 09-21-2009, 05:50 AM
FckYoCouch

rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin

Originally Posted by Boost-box
how much? how wide are the tires?
I could never hook with the Nittos.... I ended up using them in a burn out show... Here's my take on these three. Granted, I'm producing a little more HP (550-600), but I am running stock gears (3.42) and a stock suspension setup (except for the axles):

1) Nitto's - Never hooked no matter how much / little I heated them up. May work for close to stock GN.... They wear the slowest for street driving and were drivable in the rain, but don't hook for sh*t on the street.

2) BFG - Hooked decent with a nice burnout. I got 1.65ish 60's using these. On the street, they're just so-so. They wear quicker than the Nittos. Not too good in the rain.

3) MT ET Radials - This is what I currently run. I get pretty consistent 1.49 60' with these and pull the front wheels about a foot off the ground after a small burnout. I've seen cars running 7 sec 1/4's with these. On the street, while no tire will hook like at the track, these are about as good as you get. They wear REALLY quick, so if you're going to daily drive with them, be prepared to buy a set every 3k - 5k miles with a few track visits sprinkled in there. As for the rain...... just find a nice restaurant to wait it out in.... I can't get above 40mph without the rear end wiggling around.

Hope this helps! I think all three sets are around the same price new. 275/50/15's will give you stock height (26") and maintain your gear ratio. 275/60/15's will move you to a 28" tall tire. Most people move to a 60 if wheel-spin becomes a problem.. Your 60' will suffer, but your top end will benefit. Not so much of a benefit on 1/8 mile tracks.

---Ron
Old 09-21-2009, 07:01 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by rtcarlin

3) MT ET Radials - This is what I currently run. I get pretty consistent 1.49 60' with these and pull the front wheels about a foot off the ground after a small burnout. I've seen cars running 7 sec 1/4's with these. On the street, while no tire will hook like at the track, these are about as good as you get. They wear REALLY quick, so if you're going to daily drive with them, be prepared to buy a set every 3k - 5k miles with a few track visits sprinkled in there. As for the rain...... just find a nice restaurant to wait it out in.... I can't get above 40mph without the rear end wiggling around.
these are what are going to wind up being my next set of drag wheels. I am just picking up the Nittos cause I need tires for friday and they are a hella good deal

You going to try to make it out this friday or are you still going to be gone?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Originally Posted by rtcarlin
I could never hook with the Nittos.... I ended up using them in a burn out show... Here's my take on these three. Granted, I'm producing a little more HP (550-600), but I am running stock gears (3.42) and a stock suspension setup (except for the axles):

1) Nitto's - Never hooked no matter how much / little I heated them up. May work for close to stock GN.... They wear the slowest for street driving and were drivable in the rain, but don't hook for sh*t on the street.

2) BFG - Hooked decent with a nice burnout. I got 1.65ish 60's using these. On the street, they're just so-so. They wear quicker than the Nittos. Not too good in the rain.

Hope this helps! I think all three sets are around the same price new. 275/50/15's will give you stock height (26") and maintain your gear ratio. 275/60/15's will move you to a 28" tall tire. Most people move to a 60 if wheel-spin becomes a problem.. Your 60' will suffer, but your top end will benefit. Not so much of a benefit on 1/8 mile tracks.

---Ron
Now I almost agree on all of these but...

Nitto's can hook you just have to a helluva burnout.

BFG's are a hit or miss. Kinda a love them or hate them.

MT's are the best for the rack tried and true.

Hoosier has some good tires now to and prob will be my next setup for the ROC.

Just my 2cents though.

Quick Reply: Sept. 25th - E-CITY 1/8th Mile OPEN INVITE