Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

skate shops???

Old 06-29-2008, 08:20 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy
Default Re: skate shops???

Originally Posted by Fiziks
Almost nobody still skates on the east coast, it's a mainly west coast thing. You have to order everything online now from one of the shops that have not closed their doors.

And to all the people joking: stop. I've skateboarded and inlined and rollerblading was alot more technical and you could do alot bigger/harder rails/gaps. Yeah skateboarding is 100x more mainstream, but that's all I'll say on the matter.

In before I get joked by ignorant kids who can barley kickflip.
It's not big on the west coast either.....

There were a few kids at one park in the Seattle area who were really good. They would easily do 6ft high 540s, inverted shit, and other crazy stuff. They were really cool guys and I had a lot of respect for them (they were also the only kids who brought hot girls to that park routinely), but 99% of people who skate inline are 12 and weren't allowed to own a skateboard.

It is big in Europe though.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:36 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

I just assumed it's a Californian thing. At any skatepark in California I went to when I was there it was about a 60%/40% to skateboarders/inliners. Alot more than anything I have ever seen out here.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

When I first moved to the beach in 97' I lived in the Hilltop area. There were a bunch of really good skateboarders, but no fruit booters. Needless to say, I picked skateboarding up and did both.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S2K_Guy
It's not big on the west coast either.....

There were a few kids at one park in the Seattle area who were really good. They would easily do 6ft high 540s, inverted shit, and other crazy stuff. They were really cool guys and I had a lot of respect for them (they were also the only kids who brought hot girls to that park routinely), but 99% of people who skate inline are 12 and weren't allowed to own a skateboard.

It is big in Europe though.
It is definately bigger in europe