Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.
View Poll Results: what name should i use
Jdm Performance
23.81%
Jdm Motorsports
9.52%
TideWater Tuning
61.90%
Unlimited Concepts
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

so..

Old 10-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech
Default Re: so..

Originally Posted by slow4banger
How do you plan on making any money if your prices are so low? Just from your sig, $50 to chip an ecu w/ a basemap? Most shops around here are less expensive than that.
cool then when a customer shows proof i will beat there price by 15 bucks
Old 10-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech

Originally Posted by sidewaysil80
i would like get a pool going of when/if this "shop" opens, when its going to disolve or declare bankruptcy.

dude their are like 4 or 5 shops in the area that are actually successful...the other 10000000 million have failed...failed hard. fuck 3 were on the same street
im looking at the first of the year. and all i can do is hope for the best
Old 10-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

Well, his ignorance is certainly proving he has never had an college level micro-econ course, nor any business courses.

Kenny, you're jumping into a perfectly competitive market where you don't have much say over your pricing. Lower your prices, and you go out of business because you can't cover costs. Raise your prices, and you lose market share. Your prices are dictated by your direct competitors, competitors that have been doing this MUCH longer than you have and understand the cyclical nature and operating costs MUCH more than you do. Anyone can start a business, but many MANY people have NO idea what they're doing.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
Well, his ignorance is certainly proving he has never had an college level micro-econ course, nor any business courses.
you are 100% correct however, i had the same wild hair up my ass and researched this endeavour EXTENSIVELY...i dont know all of the in's and out's of starting a business or economics. But i do know of alot of things that tend to get overlooked when you get the idea to "turn sidework into a full time shop".

Last edited by sidewaysil80; 10-28-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

This dude is advertising in his sig, is that not a problem.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

Originally Posted by my88crxvtech
cool then when a customer shows proof i will beat there price by 15 bucks
This isn't how you stay above water in a perfectly competitive market...You really need to pick a book up or do some basic research. Do you even have a business plan? Better yet, have you even done a SWOT analysis? If you have, prove me wrong by posting them and I'm sure we'd be able to constructively critique them and help. Until then, this is a pipe dream.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Banned

Kenny, you're jumping into a perfectly competitive market where you don't have much say over your pricing. Lower your prices, and you go out of business because you can't cover costs. Raise your prices, and you lose market share. Your prices are dictated by your direct competitors, competitors that have been doing this MUCH longer than you have and understand the cyclical nature and operating costs MUCH more than you do. Anyone can start a business, but many MANY people have NO idea what they're doing.
i agree with you 100% like i said all i can do is hope for the best and try my best if it fails o well
i don't want it to but somethings arn't meant to be but one another point yes i do have a business degree
Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned

This isn't how you stay above water in a perfectly competitive market...You really need to pick a book up or do some basic research. Do you even have a business plan? Better yet, have you even done a SWOT analysis? If you have, prove me wrong by posting them and I'm sure we'd be able to constructively critique them and help. Until then, this is a pipe dream.
if you have info to help me in any way please do. and there is still alot of things i need to work out in a way yes it is a dream but i have the money and the people willing to chip in and help
Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered member

For shits and giggles, let's do a simple S.W.O.T analysis:

From inside the company, what are your strengths/ weaknesses? From outside the company, what are your threats/ opportunities?

There are FAR too many attributes to properly starting a business to get into online. How are you going to market your business? Another simple task you can work on is the 4 P's of marketing: Product, Price, Placement, Promotion. What is your product/ service? What's the price? How are you going to place that service into the market and promote it? What's your edge over the competition? Like I said, there are FAR too many attributes to take into account here. I'd suggest picking up a intro level book on starting your own business. This probably won't cover marketing and accounting principles either. As you can see, it's quite an undertaking starting a business. Also, you have to have skin in the game to get any kind of business loan. What I mean by that is you must have some kind of collateral for any kind of loans you expect to get. My head is spinning thinking about all of this, and I am a Finance/ Business major.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Banned

For shits and giggles, let's do a simple S.W.O.T analysis:

From inside the company, what are your strengths/ weaknesses? From outside the company, what are your threats/ opportunities?

There are FAR too many attributes to properly starting a business to get into online. How are you going to market your business? Another simple task you can work on is the 4 P's of marketing: Product, Price, Placement, Promotion. What is your product/ service? What's the price? How are you going to place that service into the market and promote it? What's your edge over the competition? Like I said, there are FAR too many attributes to take into account here. I'd suggest picking up a intro level book on starting your own business. This probably won't cover marketing and accounting principles either. As you can see, it's quite an undertaking starting a business. Also, you have to have skin in the game to get any kind of business loan. What I mean by that is you must have some kind of collateral for any kind of loans you expect to get. My head is spinning thinking about all of this, and I am a Finance/ Business major.
well as for strengths....my capital i have to start with wich is about 180,000. my weaknesses are not being able to work on other car's bu i have someone working with me that can.
my threats are.....other shops that have a good name and widely known and as for as opportunities...tons