Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.
View Poll Results: what name should i use
Jdm Performance
23.81%
Jdm Motorsports
9.52%
TideWater Tuning
61.90%
Unlimited Concepts
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

so..

Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Re: so..

Originally Posted by my88crxvtech
i agree with you 100% like i said all i can do is hope for the best and try my best if it fails o well
No, you need to do much more than hope, because hope doesn't put food on the table.

The "and if it fails o well" comment kind of bugged me.

I doubt you'll be saying "O well" if your business goes bankrupt, your credit is smashed and you're 20k in the hole.

I think you're goofy but I admire that you want to start your own business so in this thread and this thread alone I won't bash you. But take my criticism in because I've been there (started a car dealership with almost zero experience and while I eventually decided to close it down due to the economy and rising gas prices, i'm not too sure it would have stayed afloat anyway)

Research like a motherfucker. I bought books and books on Amazon about anything relating to starting or operating a dealership and while you can't nearly say you're going to get even half of an understanding about something like that from books, I did learn many things I wouldn't have know otherwise. Now I'm trying to get into online marketing and creating websites, so what am I doing? I'm signing up on every affiliate network forum I can, borrowing any computer books I can and have signed up for computer courses to try and get an understanding of what I'm doing. My point being, LEARN. You might know how to build harnesses and such, but do you know anything about the laws of employing somebody? Corporation laws and procedures? Insurance requirements of a shop and all related experiences? Do your Homework.

If you were going to do it right, you'd need a shitload of capital. I misjudged mine by 300%. You look young, so if you don't have anyone to cosign on a large 5 figure loan, you might be screwed. Unexpected expenses WILL occur, so be ready for them and have the extra capital available. Even if your business succeeds, don't expect it to be a source of income for quite some time, it will probably be the opposite.

My advice to you is to continue doing what you're doing out of your home until you get so busy and so overwhelmed, it's nearly impossible to operate out of your house. This would help with you getting some experience without the risks of having to pay rent and other costs associated with a shop.

And it's just my personal opinion, but any local shop with the letters JDM in it will probably not do well, lol.

Good luck though.

Now I will go back to bashing you because you have yellow seats, deny who you are, and there are pictures of you on the internet with a shoe on your head.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Banned

my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech

later..... o hey 25 thanks for the help, hmmmm never thought i would say that
Old 10-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

No problem. If I started posting graphs from my econ background on perfectly competitive markets, one which you are in, your head would spin. My point is that it's a HUGE undertaking. I do work in my spare time, and that alone is overwhelming, and I don't have to live off of that income or worry about employees and overhead either.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

Originally Posted by DickButt
My advice to you is to continue doing what you're doing out of your home until you get so busy and so overwhelmed, it's nearly impossible to operate out of your house. This would help with you getting some experience without the risks of having to pay rent and other costs associated with a shop.
in my unprofessional opinion i think thats the best idea in this thread
Old 10-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Doesn't give a fuck

TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr

Originally Posted by my88crxvtech
i agree with you 100% like i said all i can do is hope for the best and try my best if it fails o well
i don't want it to but somethings arn't meant to be but one another point yes i do have a business degree
Just throwin this out there, how did he get a business degree with grammar, punctuation and spelling like that?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:11 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by TwistnBrn..Rubr
Just throwin this out there, how did he get a business degree with grammar, punctuation and spelling like that?
The same way he got 180k to start his shop, he simply made it up.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Doesn't give a fuck

TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr

Originally Posted by DickButt
The same way he got 180k to start his shop, he simply made it up.
lulz
Old 10-29-2009, 05:27 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

I'm curious where he got 180k from when he drives an integra and is in a "band". I know you guys aren't out there selling thousands of cds.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:31 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

250 views, 40 replys and 5 votes

no one gives a fuck stevemikejoe
Old 10-29-2009, 05:33 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

I honestly wouldnt doit. Your going to fail.