Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

SOS Out of the Darkness Walk for Suicide Prevention Sept. 11 Mount Trashmroe

Old 09-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546
Default Re: SOS Out of the Darkness Walk for Suicide Prevention Sept. 11 Mount Trashmroe

My avatar and being a gun enthusiast has nothing to do with suicide or suicide prevention; stop being so fucking ignorant. I don't disagree with you about it being about completely selfish it is. However, this is not only for reaching out to those who may be considering it or going down that path soon, but it's for the families and friends of those who already did, or even some like me, who are just there to help support others and get more informed. In my opinion your post is pretty selfish.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:05 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: SOS Out of the Darkness Walk for Suicide Prevention Sept. 11 Mount Trashmroe

whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

everyone gets sad, but the weak may take an easy (and permanent) way out. i have no sympathy for them. consider it mental darwinism, survival of the fittest.

fuck it, i'll donate so they can all get purple Nike shoes and stop their whining. the world could use a lot less emo kids.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:27 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
I tried killing myself once by o.d'ing on asprin, but I felt better after the first two and said fuck it.
Aspirin will not bring a dead hooker back to life.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:29 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Aspirin will not bring a dead hooker back to life.
I wish I knew that earlier in life.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:35 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

LOL @ negative rep...

"Thread: SOS Out of the Darkness...
there are many cases of people with mental health issues or even medications causing thoughts of suicide... and gun are used in an extremely low % of suicides. way to be an ass. ~Josh"

Statistics show that guns are by far the leading method of suicide.

"In 2001, suicide was the third leading cause of death among persons aged 10--19 years (1). The most common method of suicide in this age group was by firearm (49%), followed by suffocation (mostly hanging) (38%) and poisoning (7%) (1)."
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5322a2.htm

2005 statistics...
http://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html#2005
Old 09-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Registered Member

disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546 disheeki546

I am not sure where ~Josh got his information, but I will say this, guns are and have been the leading cause of suicide for years according to anything I have read. Admitedly, if you wanted to end things quickly isn't a firearm about the quickest and surely most accessible way to do it? That said, I hope you aren't meaning to blame suicides on firearms. As stated earlier, that's purely ignorant. A small quote from your referenced site:
How many people die by suicide each year in the U.S.? Approximately 30,000.

How many people attempt suicide each year in the U.S.? Approxiamtely 750,000.
Please tell me you think 720,000 other people tried using a firearm as an attempt. Suicide is commonly a reach out for help and as much as they don't really want to end their lives they feel that there may be no other way to end the pain they are feeling for whatever reason. They may feel that by making these attempts people will take them seriously and listen to them, this especially goes for young people.
Over 90 percent of people who die by suicide have a mental illness at the time of their death.
And the most common mental illness is depression.
Untreated depression is the number one cause for suicide.
Untreated mental illness (including depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and others) is the cause for the vast majority of suicides.
Also, some people are genetically predisposed to depression, and thus they may not appear to be undergoing any negative life experiences, yet still become depressed, and may die by suicide.
Not all of this was aimed towards you Digital, mostly just stating some information for anyone to read. For anyone on the side of removing or further restricting our right to bear arms so as to prevent suicide, go ahead and remove anyones ability to obtain any sort of strangulation device, anything that could potentially poison a human, and water. Or you could pull your head out of your ass and try to resolve what you can of the 11+% of the US population committing suicide each year by at minimum educating yourself on the signs of depression and what to do to get them help. Chances are very good it will affect someone you know, 1 out of 9 people in the US commit suicide ever year while only 1 in 18 die by homocide.
/rant.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 AM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
Statistics show that guns are by far the leading method of suicide.

"In 2001, suicide was the third leading cause of death among persons aged 10--19 years (1). The most common method of suicide in this age group was by firearm (49%), followed by suffocation (mostly hanging) (38%) and poisoning (7%) (1)."
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5322a2.htm

way to narrow it down to a small segment of the population.

i shouldn't have said "small %" just not a majority. i'll see if i can pull up the fact sheet i was reading when i'm not on my blackberry. pills/poisoning/intentional overdose was at the top of the list i was reading from.

edit: i'm sure all of these are just like every other statistic... twisted to look however the people publishing want it to, to fit their agenda.

Last edited by ~Josh; 09-07-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

ttt
Old 09-10-2010, 03:43 AM
superuser

people who want to die will find a way. guns are just a convenient method. i like guns. they kill people. even sad people who want to kill themselves, i'm all for that shit.

people commit suicide when i come knocking on their door for work. that's the truth. i like that-- it's cheaper than trial/prison/etc.