Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Sprint/Nextel Rep-I need help

Old 03-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Mr. Nice Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX
Default Sprint/Nextel Rep-I need help

February I decided to upgrade my phone/plan with sprint and I'm regretting it

I ordered my new phone online and got billed on my plan account in addition to an up-front credit card payment.

My service was disconnected due to the phone charge putting me over my spending limit. I called in and spoke with a representative (Feb 01ish) who looked over my account and recognized the mistake. He "took care of it" by removing the $104.99 charge and credited my spending limit $25.00 to restore my service. My credit card still reflected a $100.00 payment to square the other phone. Great. So I now have 0 balance and a spending limit right below the line.

Two weeks go by and my new billing cycle comes in. My spending limit is back up to the top again right from day one. My service gets deactivated again. Oh wow, randomly there's another $104.99 showing on top of a $50-something bill. So $150.00 and now I'm over the limit again. I call in and talk with a nice woman that tells me everything is going to be alright and once again takes care of restoring service. My account online reflects only a $70.00 balance and so I make a $50.00 payment to bring it to $20 for my carry-over into the next bill.

Everything is fine for a month and a half -- couldn't be happier with the service. Then last Saturday morning at 11am my service is disconnected. I call in, speak with a representative who tells me that my balance was only $19.00 and my spending limit was at $0 and that he could restore service without an issue. I asked him what to do if it happens again (thinking a month, next bill, whatever). He suggested I call back in for a trouble ticket if it happens again.

Sunday (the next day) it happens again. 11am rolls around and I cannot make or receive calls. I call in to customer service and get told that "Due to the $19.00 overdue amount on my account I would have to pay that and bring my balance to 0" in order for this to stop happening. I made her PROMISE ON THE PHONE that this would take care of my issue and that I wouldn't have to call back. She assured me that it would be good to go and I authorized a payment.

So today/yesterday (Monday) wow, big suprise, my phone is disconnected again at 11am. I manage to get through to someone who tells me that he is removing the hold on my account but that I was getting charged for data/text usage when I shouldn't be. He suggested I talk to someone in another department about it, but I had to go back to work. Phone worked all day until 8 or 9 pm, when AGAIN IT IS DISCONNECTED! IT IS NOW 12:32am AND IVE BEEN ON THE PHONE WITH SPRINT REPRESENTATIVES FOR 4 hours. Every single person will sit and go through the bills with me up until it reaches January-February and then all of a sudden the math doesn't make sense and credits aren't being applied where credits should be applied. Now I log into my account and I have 75.00 overage for data (even though I have unlimited data on my new plan) and 62.00 overage for text (when I have unlimited text on my new plan).

Can anyone help?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default Re: Sprint/Nextel Rep-I need help

before i get into details please know i was a sprint/nextel rep. What you have is a Casual data usage charge which is charged by 3 cents per kilobtyes. It does max out at 75 for one phone per billing cycle on a usual basis. Im guesing you got ethier the ic502, ic602, or ic902, which this issue is a common problem with these phones. It sounds like you ethier waited too long to add the Powersource Data Pack or they forgot to add it on time. A previous rep probably notice this and added to your account without letting you know it wasnt never added in the first place. And got a service solution off of it(which means they get points to their qouta) Two things can happen here for you. Odds are you might have a adjustment block on your account if not you will be getting one soon since you keep calling in getting adjustments. When you call in ask for the history on when that Powersource datapack feature was added. If the previous rep does not adjust your account accordingly ask to get transfered to account services. These are the people who eat and sleep by trying to keep you as a customer. Let them know you are not happy and that you are paying for the powersource datapack but u r still getting charged for casual data usage charge and you are gonna cancel if this doesnt get fixed..problem solved.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default Re: Sprint/Nextel Rep-I need help

your powersource data pack includes unlimited text as well so that will get adjusted too