Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

srt4 at select wheels is a POS

Old 06-11-2008, 06:50 AM
New VeeDub Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want2race will become famous soon enoughwant2race will become famous soon enough
Default Re: srt4 at select wheels is a POS

If I am not mistaken (and if I am, I know you will correct me...LOL), I am pretty sure that Scott Mohler got an SRT-based car down to something like 6.87. Granted, it doesn't resemble much of an SRT anymore, but the car is still based off of the SRT. (Why I left it off of the list).

Sorry about Kevin and the red sled... major brain fart there.

itsjstaneon---> I have been a solid supporter of the Neon and SRT-4 since early 2001, when I obtained my single owner 1999 R/T coupe. After the first test drive, I have been hooked ever since. I have since owned a 1995 ACR, and now currently own a 2000 Plymouth as well. You will never hear me say an ill word against any Neon or SRT-4. Oh, and once my swap is complete, I will want to test it, and only the best will do...

And, FWIW, Blaxican knows me and knows that I am a die hard Neon fan. We have had MANY MANY MANY "discussions" regarding domestic vs. import...

Last edited by want2race; 06-11-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

turbof22 has disabled reputation

GL Bump
Old 06-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

itsjstaneon has disabled reputation

you sir are correct with the scott comment he did run an srt based pro fwd car down the track in the 6 second range. It was built as a mopar car but you can damn well bet that Darrell was involved.

Want2race- check out the Darrell cox racing secion on the srtforums and look under pics pics this is dcr youll see all you could ever imagine about the drag aspect of the neon from start to finish!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

Surprisingly, srt4's do well in rally events. This is a rally that me and some friends attend every year. If any of you guys ever got a chance to go to one, don't pass it up! Definitely a change of pace and awesome time.
http://www.davewalter.net/gallery/di...lbum=9&pos=145
Old 06-11-2008, 10:42 AM
New VeeDub Owner

want2race will become famous soon enoughwant2race will become famous soon enough

itsjstaneon---> Not really looking to drag my car. I want a nice sleeper that will turn heads as I leave them wondering... "Was that really a Neon that just knocked my doors off?" I am tired of the majority of the tuner crowd saying that Honda/Acuras are the only thing worth having...

Maybe you could help me with my swap/build???

Last edited by want2race; 06-11-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

itsjstaneon has disabled reputation

i pmed you contact info give me a call sometime.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

Originally Posted by want2race
Actually, some of the SRT upgrades were available on the NEONS in the last year or two prior to being replaced by the Caliber.

Originally Posted by want2race
KICKER/SRT LIVIN LOUD AUDIO SYSTEM -inc: (6) speakers w/amplified subwoofer
SRT DESIGN GROUP -inc: 15" aluminum wheels, body-side molding delete, dual bright exhaust tips, fog lamps, body-color front fascia, hood pwr bulge, instrument panel bezel, trunklid spoiler (w/DGL Auto Trans-inc: PRNDL bezel) (N/A w/ALZ Special Edition Group, ADV Sport Appearance Group) *Affects Color Availability*

Basically, appearance items. No performance options that I know of, or can find documentation of.

Granted, these do not make them SRT-4's, only try to make them appear to be SRT-4's...

it's called the SRT Appearance package. the wheels? not SRT wheels. the front fascia? not an SRT take off. the hood bulge? not an SRT hood. the exaust? was a muffler system, not the SRT exhaust. the trunk spoiler was about the same and the stereo system was an option on the SRT-4, not standard. like the viper style seats.

they don't look like SRT's. they look like SRT wannabes.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

spitzbergen has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BCisme
They don't look like SRT's. they look like SRT wannabes.
Slap some Viper stripes on 'em and call it a day.