Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

srt4 at select wheels is a POS

Old 06-06-2008, 03:06 PM
#XV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: srt4 at select wheels is a POS

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
Can you clarify what makes it a piece of shit?
Old 06-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of

Is the stage 3 turbo upgrade not a factory/mopar upgrade? The car could have just been abused, thats all. Not that it being a neon had anything to do with it. -jk
Old 06-06-2008, 08:11 PM
oh sol slow

slowMR2 is a jewel in the roughslowMR2 is a jewel in the roughslowMR2 is a jewel in the rough

stage 3 is mopar. And it is a 05 with 37xxx miles. Its red with gold flake and a black roof. CF hood. Basicly the car ran like ass. It seemed like the waste gate was opening when it wasn't supost to be. Or fuel cut out was happening but only after shifting gears. And mashing the peddel while low in rpm. Boost gage was also missing. So I couldn't even read boost. I could only feel it.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

I was planning on getting an SRT-4 but I changed my mind and good thing I did...
Old 06-07-2008, 09:50 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

Originally Posted by El Negro
Quoted for mofuckin troof.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:56 PM
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

so it dropped boost after 2 sec? Sounds like the TPS wires. Common on srt's.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:02 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
You said it would make boost and then compressor surge? It would be physically impossible for the compressor to spin backwards while it was producing boost at WOT. Was it fuel cutting or running too rich? I would guess it wasn't tuned right.
lol. an 08er

He's funny

Old 06-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

Originally Posted by El Negro
Wait...so you actually saw a SRT-4 and were surprised to see that is was a piece of shit?

I mean, they kinda rolled off the assembly line as pieces of shit, so I don't know why you'd expect it to be much different at a used car lot.
Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
You can chalk that up as the dumbest statement you've ever made on this site. Can you clarify what makes it a piece of shit?
I actually agree with Tim here. Basically they were built to be cheap cars that can be easily modified to make fairly fierce little pocket rockets. and at $20,000, plenty of people will be able to buy them, tinker with them, rag the shit out of them, and dump them off a year or two later. It was inevitable that within a couple years we'd be seeing modded, ragged out SRT's all over because alot of people aren't going to take care of a 20K car they modify and beat on.

Dodge is not known for quality, especially when they emphasize on performance and cut corners to bring costs down. this car was built from the ground up different than a plain neon to be a cheaper car with a stronger drivetrain.

This car was probably a repo, many people sabatoge or strip parts off if they have time when they know the man is coming to take it.

These are throw away cars. you buy it, beat on it, and move on a couple years later. some people will take care of them, but most will not.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Registered Member

jcutler has disabled reputation

This thread fails in every way. I thought it was common knowledge buying a used srt-4 was a no no.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:51 AM
I hate soccermoms

v8Buster has disabled reputation

my whole family is in the car business, wanna talk about some shady shit used car dealers do lol just ask my dad. Most cars are bought at auctions and they usually dont spend more than a few grand on the car, then they do their shit to make the car seem better, such as switch it to synthetic oil so that it doesnt burn oil, pain the carpets with spray paint, and shit like that.