Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

srt4 at select wheels is a POS

Old 06-08-2008, 10:25 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: srt4 at select wheels is a POS

so you're admitting that your dad is shady?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Paint carpets with spray paint?????
Old 06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by Fat Nick
Paint carpets with spray paint?????
Ive seen worse. How about putting PAM on cars with faded paint to make it look shiny?

Last edited by DickButt; 06-08-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:10 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
Because it only had stage 3 upgrades.
And why would that be a bad thing?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
And why would that be a bad thing?
Why would it be a good thing?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:19 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
Why would it be a good thing?
because it makes over 300whp and is factory tuned and drives like a factory car with no reliablity issues????

Now once again, why would a stage 3 upgrade make it a piece of shit?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

Why do you care so much about my opinion? Do you own one? Are you working for Dodge?
Old 06-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

spitzbergen has disabled reputation

I've got three Dodges. Never had any problems. But then again I don't drive through ditches and I know how to change my oil. Problem w/ most SRT4s is that kids w/ more money then sense are buying and abusing them. I wouldn't buy half the civics out there w/ rims and exhaust for the same reason... Not bashing on Honda's but a lot of people bolt crap on their cars for some sort of imagined gain. 90% of those stage 3 badges are bought off Ebay.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by spitzbergen
I've got three Dodges. Never had any problems. But then again I don't drive through ditches and I know how to change my oil. Problem w/ most SRT4s is that kids w/ more money then sense are buying and abusing them. I wouldn't buy half the civics out there w/ rims and exhaust for the same reason... Not bashing on Honda's but a lot of people bolt crap on their cars for some sort of imagined gain. 90% of those stage 3 badges are bought off Ebay.
I have absolutely no problem with srt4's. As petty as it may seem, my gripe is about the stages. The minute I hear the word stage, I immediately stop listening anymore.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:54 AM
New VeeDub Owner

want2race will become famous soon enoughwant2race will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BCisme
Dodge is not known for quality, especially when they emphasize on performance and cut corners to bring costs down. this car was built from the ground up different than a plain neon to be a cheaper car with a stronger drivetrain.
That is

The SRT-4's were not built from the ground up. They were based off the already existing 2nd generation Neon platform, as were the PT Cruisers and the Caliber. All Dodge did was to take the shadetree mechanic's already proven concept of swapping in the Stratus 2.4L with turbo setup and throw big money engineering at it to make it commercially available instead of a project car. They also beefed up the suspension, transmission, added bigger rims and brakes, etc.

No matter, as it was based off of the Neon platform. Hence, the reason why in the last years before the Neon was replaced by the Caliber,the Neon was available with the SRT-4 upgrades as an OPTIONS package.