Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

srt4 at select wheels is a POS

Old 06-09-2008, 07:22 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Re: srt4 at select wheels is a POS

Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
Why do you care so much about my opinion? Do you own one? Are you working for Dodge?
So I take it you don't have a reason? Did you just post it for the fuck of it?
Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
I have absolutely no problem with srt4's. As petty as it may seem, my gripe is about the stages. The minute I hear the word stage, I immediately stop listening anymore.
Why? Once again, dumb.
Stage 1- A simple PCM upgrade and bigger injectors.(this also helps most srt owners from throwing codes.)
Stage 2-Another PCM upgrade, even bigger injectors, and a wastegate actuator to up the boost. (a waste of time)
Stage 3- PCM upgrade, new turbo, bigger injectors, etc. (running 12's all day long)

I'm not really seeing why stage upgrades would be a bad thing? Its not as if you cant add aftermarket parts on top of the stages. Many of the srt owners get stage 1 and build on that.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

OMG WE SHOULD CALL THEM BPU ++++++++++!
Old 06-09-2008, 07:32 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Just like an 08'er.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
Just like an 08'er.
You got it! How many BPU's is your dodge?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

The Stages were OPTIONS when buying a SRT-4. Also I believe that the Stage 3 setups were not installed by the dealerships, Every Stage 3 car has no Factory warranty. Once a Stage 3 was installed it was voided.

I own a SRT-4 and been around the SRT community for a good time now. And even we will tell you dont buy a used SRT-4 that has been modified over a Stage 2 setup. Because the Stage 2 setup still utilizes the stock turbo.

and if you think SRT-4s are pieces of shit then let me bring up DSM's.....so shut up people.

For future reference DO NOT BUY A SRT-4 AT A DEALER OR PRIVATE SALE IF ITS HEAVILY MODIFIED, THAT INCLUDES STAGE 3.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
So I take it you don't have a reason? Did you just post it for the fuck of it?

Why? Once again, dumb.
Stage 1- A simple PCM upgrade and bigger injectors.(this also helps most srt owners from throwing codes.)
Stage 2-Another PCM upgrade, even bigger injectors, and a wastegate actuator to up the boost. (a waste of time)
Stage 3- PCM upgrade, new turbo, bigger injectors, etc. (running 12's all day long)

I'm not really seeing why stage upgrades would be a bad thing? Its not as if you cant add aftermarket parts on top of the stages. Many of the srt owners get stage 1 and build on that.

if you were to follow on basic modification paths that people are going nowadays, many dont use the Staged ECU's due to the fact that they fuck around with the Timing. the Stock ECu doesnt change timing so big turbo guys love them especially when it comes to tuning because it doesnt fluctuate.

so honestly STAGE ANYTHING IS A WASTE OF TIME....
Old 06-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo

so honestly STAGE ANYTHING IS A WASTE OF TIME....
Straight from a srt4 owners mouth! Effing thank you!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:10 AM
oh sol slow

slowMR2 is a jewel in the roughslowMR2 is a jewel in the roughslowMR2 is a jewel in the rough

ok so if I buy a stage 1 stock. What should I do to it first I know about new motor mounts bc of bad wheel hop. But anything else I should know about and how easy is it to make power on a srt4 stage 1? I'll be going from a 326whp car to a 200hp car and I deff want to get over 400 to the wheels.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

SRTForums.com

go there, read all the sticky's, do some actual research. Follow the upgrade paths and or PM your number i can give you a number to someone who will help you out.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Originally Posted by slowMR2
ok so if I buy a stage 1 stock. What should I do to it first I know about new motor mounts bc of bad wheel hop. But anything else I should know about and how easy is it to make power on a srt4 stage 1? I'll be going from a 326whp car to a 200hp car and I deff want to get over 400 to the wheels.
hope you have money to spend, the stage 1 isnt bad to have because of the emissions code exeption feature and WOT shifting mode. Motor Mounts are a must. and to get over 400hp, AGP ball bearing Turbo, 35r turbo will do with supporting DCR bolt ons.