Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

srt4 at select wheels is a POS

Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itsjstaneon has disabled reputation
Default Re: srt4 at select wheels is a POS

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
I still am confused as to why you say the s3 is a waste of time. Like you said, its in what you want and comparing a stage 3 to a gt35r is like apples to oranges.
on a stock bottom end and built/stock head a gt3076 or DBB 50 will own them both!

with a DCR built motor and a full race head the stage three only made 407. Do you have any idea what a big turbo with that setup would pull.... can we say 500+

Last edited by itsjstaneon; 06-09-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
I still am confused as to why you say the s3 is a waste of time. Like you said, its in what you want and comparing a stage 3 to a gt35r is like apples to oranges.
I just dont wanna argue with someone who def wants a stage 3. Im not one to change someones mind on products.

Just look at a stage 3 as a whole, mostly price wise. and look at a big turbo setup from AGP. Id rather go with AGP. or at least a DCR stage 3 Delta
Old 06-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
I just dont wanna argue with someone who def wants a stage 3. Im not one to change someones mind on products.

Just look at a stage 3 as a whole, mostly price wise. and look at a big turbo setup from AGP. Id rather go with AGP. or at least a DCR stage 3 Delta
agree if i had to own a stage 3 theres no way id go with anything other then dcr.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 AM
New VeeDub Owner

want2race will become famous soon enoughwant2race will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by itsjstaneon
So let me start off by stating if you dont like the car and think its a piece of shit then dont buy it period. As for the guy who stated the car is the same as a 2nd gen i would love for you to tell me in great detail why. There are so many differences it would take days for me to list them all it just really shows you have no idea what your talking about.
IF you had bothered to read carefully, I stated that the SRT-4 used the 2nd Gen as a starting point, arguing what someone else stated that it was designed from the ground up. Nowhere in that post did I ever state the an SRT-4 is the same as a 2nd Gen. as evidenced here:

Originally Posted by want2race
That is

The SRT-4's were not built from the ground up. They were based off the already existing 2nd generation Neon platform, as were the PT Cruisers and the Caliber. All Dodge did was to take the shadetree mechanic's already proven concept of swapping in the Stratus 2.4L with turbo setup and throw big money engineering at it to make it commercially available instead of a project car. They also beefed up the suspension, transmission, added bigger rims and brakes, etc.

No matter, as it was based off of the Neon platform. Hence, the reason why in the last years before the Neon was replaced by the Caliber,the Neon was available with the SRT-4 upgrades as an OPTIONS package.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:16 AM
New VeeDub Owner

want2race will become famous soon enoughwant2race will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by want2race
IF you had bothered to read carefully, I stated that the SRT-4 used the 2nd Gen as a starting point, arguing what someone else stated that it was designed from the ground up. Nowhere in that post did I ever state the an SRT-4 is the same as a 2nd Gen. as evidenced here:
And FWIW, I am now, and always have been, a die-hard Neon lover.

I own a '99R/T Coupe... a dead body style.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

haha very dead, unless a SRT swap is in effect.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:18 AM
oh sol slow

slowMR2 is a jewel in the roughslowMR2 is a jewel in the roughslowMR2 is a jewel in the rough

Awesome info thanks
Old 06-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Your Welcome

oh and FYI itsjstaneon has the fastest SRT in the 757 and knows his shit, so dont doubt him.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:28 AM
New VeeDub Owner

haha very dead, unless a SRT swap is in effect.
The car has been in the garage for almost a year while I collect the remaining parts to finish the swap...

It will so be a sleeper when I am done.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Wink Re: srt4 at select wheels is a POS

Your Welcome

oh and FYI itsjstaneon has the fastest SRT in the 757 and knows his shit, so dont doubt him.
i dunno about all that....