Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Stock exhaust ticket?

Old 04-27-2011, 12:50 PM
CrossFit KILLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r
Default Re: Stock exhaust ticket?

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
take the exhaust off the car, bring to court, beat judge dead with exhaust, done and done.
I just thought about how awesome this would be. - judge killing.

Bring your exhaust into the court. Set it in front of the judge. challenge police officer who most likely knows nothing about exhaust to point out the discrepancies. Profit.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

OP pics of your "STOCK" exhaust please.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx Boost240sx

Here is probably the law if you were written up for, print it and bring it with you. It shows you did your homework, it worked for me once when all the law stated was you were weren't allowed to have no muffler, no cat or a cherry bomp. (Yes, I'm old and that was like 2000 or 2001.)

§ 46.2-1049. Exhaust system in good working order.

No person shall drive and no owner of a vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any such vehicle on a highway unless it is equipped with an exhaust system in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual levels of noise; provided however, that for motor vehicles, such exhaust system shall be of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment. An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system of private passenger motor vehicles or trucks of standard make.

The term "exhaust system," as used in this section, means all the parts of a vehicle through which the exhaust passes after leaving the engine block, including mufflers and other sound dissipative devices.

Chambered pipes are not an effective muffling device to prevent excessive or unusual noise, and any vehicle equipped with chambered pipes shall be deemed in violation of this section.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Impulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these parts

yea, like i said, stock, or perform the same function as stock. I like that quite a few states have moved to that definition.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered member

conway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 連続注入
I have gotten exhaust and plate tickets before. just take photos of the vehicle, bring them to court proving the exhuast is stock and one with the plate on the front of the vehicle. You will win.
what this guy said... take pictures and you will be golden
Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

Harrier has disabled reputation

Old 05-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish

Originally Posted by 22'
you're fucking stupid, those "aftermarket" exhaust's are for OFF ROAD USE only, it clearly says and displays that. It IS illegal in the state of Virgina to alter your exhaust from factory specs.

DEAL WITH IT
Yea, it didn't really come with the box when i bought it used off Craigslist 5 years old.

It was primarily a quality, affordable ($200), and convenient solution to the stock exhaust that rusted to death and literally fell of the car when I was driving down a gravel road.

Looked into meineke but they wanted $450 to crush bend me an exhaust out of aluminized/galvinized monkey metal, so they can go fuck themselves.

The point I was trying to get at was not that I was "in the right" by continuing to drive around with an exhaust that I had been informed was illegal.

The point was that despite what the law says about noise or design, its not really about that, you can get away with having an illegal exhaust, its just a hell of a lot easier if you don't drive a compact import.

The law just gives them a reason to pull the cars that they already wanted to pull anyway, so when you're obeying the speed limit and using your turn signal, etc..., they still have something to fuck you with.

When a cop tells you "I think you should grow up, it's time for a new car", I won't sit and listen to someone tell me that it's because my exhaust tip is too big or the system is "off road only".

I'll change the exhaust on my integra back to factory spec, and then I'll let you know the next time i get pulled over for doing nothing.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:08 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

don't want tickets?

get a domestic and don't act stupid.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish Tunafish

Domestics are good stuff, not an import only guy by any means.

It's just frustrating to be judged by the car you drive.

About a month after I was told to "grow up" I closed on my condo.

I could have had my pick of vehicle but I did what I thought was responsible.

Problem is, you can't drive a condo.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:33 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Condos are usually built by Mexicans anyway so I don't know how domestic they are...

Quick Reply: Stock exhaust ticket?