Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Sunday, August 1st Hampton Roads Subaru Meet

Old 07-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Handling is Key!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Sunday, August 1st Hampton Roads Subaru Meet

ask away with the questions!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 06:02 AM
teamUltraspeed

mosjef is an unknown quantity at this point

jus wondering what most of u did..........in terms of rim size/tire size..........and drop?...........ill post a pic of tha look im going for......brb
Old 07-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Wagons own period

Unabomber will become famous soon enough

Oddly enough, I just lowered my wagon 2 weeks ago. I used USDM OEM STi springs and I got 1/2" drop in the rear and 7/8" in the front. Stiffness increase was 21% in the front and 29% in the rear. In the end, it is very near stock appearance and probably the most strut friendly drop you can have. Other easy, commonly performed options are Prodrive or Eibach springs which lower 1" or so. In my opinion, to drop it lower requires new struts, strut inserts, or a full coilover set. You can drop it lower that 1" with just springs, but your stut life/car ride will go into the toilet and you will hobby horse all over town.

More help:
http://www.visual-assault.org/~eclip...u-Springs.html

Wheels are more personal and depends on what you like. Size and the correct offset are deadly important towards fitment and wheel bearing life. Looking cool with tyte rimz and tires can be offset by horrible rubbing. Look at the Subaru Wheel FAQ I made for more info.

I would recommend Toyo Proxes 4 tires as that is what I am getting hopefully soon. They are cheap, sticky, and all season.

Any other questions, ask away.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:10 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

I have HKS hypermax2 coilovers with 18x7.5 Volks with 225 40 18s
Old 07-23-2004, 10:44 PM
dccd to the rear

4door has disabled reputation

how you like the hks coilovers? i've been lookin at those but haven't talked to anyone that actually had them. i had teins on my 5th gen lude, they were ok but i wasn't too impressed with the damn noise they made.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:06 AM
Official Bad Omen

The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew

V8 Hunter has altezas and a blow off valve. He aint modded, he doesnt know much about WRXs,
Old 07-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Handling is Key!

Originally Posted by 4door
how you like the hks coilovers? i've been lookin at those but haven't talked to anyone that actually had them. i had teins on my 5th gen lude, they were ok but i wasn't too impressed with the damn noise they made.

They are beautiful!! I love em. I had DMS 40 golds on there at first and they were really nice too but then I received a hook up on HKS parts and and the Hyper Max coilovers are the shit!
Old 07-24-2004, 07:24 AM
Handling is Key!

Originally Posted by WRBWRX
V8 Hunter has altezas and a blow off valve. He aint modded, he doesnt know much about WRXs,

Youre right, but I can try to help!
Old 07-24-2004, 09:26 AM

eclipsetofast is an unknown quantity at this point

i will bring the new subaru
Old 07-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Wagons own period

Unabomber will become famous soon enough

Shawn,

When do I get a hook-up? No love for the wagon owners........

Quick Reply: Sunday, August 1st Hampton Roads Subaru Meet