Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Sunday, August 1st Hampton Roads Subaru Meet

Old 07-27-2004, 06:51 AM
teamUltraspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mosjef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sunday, August 1st Hampton Roads Subaru Meet

what do u guys think tha drop is on this?..............tha tires look like a 225/45/17.................these r tha rims im getting........i jus dont know if i need coilovers......or if i need new shocks............

http://store.finalstageauto.net/17woemcrkaiw1.html
Old 07-27-2004, 08:18 AM
dccd to the rear

4door has disabled reputation

haha, i get super street i know who v8 hunter is i think i'll have to get those, i'm tired of being ghetto and riding on stock struts and tanabe springs. i might have to swing by the shop or i'll just see you on sun and check em out for myself if that's cool .
Old 07-27-2004, 08:21 AM
dccd to the rear

4door has disabled reputation

you'll def need coilovers to get that drop, i think you'd blow the stock struts in like 2 days w/ that drop. 17x8 i'd go with 235or245/45 or 40.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:31 AM
teamUltraspeed

[QUOTE=4door]you'll def need coilovers to get that drop, i think you'd blow the stock struts in like 2 days w/ that drop. QUOTE]

whats ur opinion on struts?........so u think that drop is lower than 2 inches........i guess im used to hondas....subarus are new to me....
Old 07-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Wagons own period

Unabomber will become famous soon enough

Cripes is that low. Look like air bags to me. I pray you don't want to go that low. There is low and there is low. With a set up like that you will hobby horse all over the road. It probably is coilovers, possibly Teins, but no one can really be sure. If you haven't had a set up like that or at least riden in a car like it, you better think twice to make 100% sure this is what you want. For me, my lowered car days are over. I got a little drop out of the STi springs and only did that because they were free. Best of luck.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:26 AM
teamUltraspeed

Originally Posted by Unabomber
Cripes is that low. Look like air bags to me. I pray you don't want to go that low. There is low and there is low. With a set up like that you will hobby horse all over the road. It probably is coilovers, possibly Teins, but no one can really be sure. If you haven't had a set up like that or at least riden in a car like it, you better think twice to make 100% sure this is what you want. For me, my lowered car days are over. I got a little drop out of the STi springs and only did that because they were free. Best of luck.
hahah.....hobby horse, thats a good one.............but i did have an Si with ground-controls..and i slammed that honda to tha ground..... my ride was still really good with tha stock Si shocks though....im thinkin tha Wrx shocks have to be stronger than Si's.......im not into tha whole "lowrider" thing...i just think it looks cleaner...im really not gonna plan to rally race it.....u feel me?........if u guys can.......post some rim sizes/tire sizes/& drop heights u guys would go with
Old 07-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Wagons own period

My best recommendation would be Prodrive springs. They drop it an inch. They are also famous for leveling as a stock WRX has a larger wheel gap up front, so they lower them more in front than the rear.

Tires.....Toyo Proxes 4 is the best all season that I have found. For sheer summer tires (swap OEM rims and RE-92s for winter), you really cannot beat Goodyears. The Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 is more tire than you will ever need, but at $200ish per tire...well you are going to pay for it. Another option for a summer tire would be Toyo Proxes T1-S, Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position, Falken Azenis Sport, and the list goes on and on. You can check the tire and wheel forum on www.nasioc.com for tire reviews or opinions.

As to wheel size, I wouldn't go higher than 17s myself. That's a personal choice though. Remember weight though; you don't want 22# wheels. Offset, offset, offset.........do not get wheels without the correct offset. Your wheel bearings will thank you.

If you come to the meet this Sunday, you are bound to see 93 different wheel/tire/spring combinations. That's one of the good things about these meets, you can see stuff for you own eyes and get a better idea of what you want.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:54 AM
teamUltraspeed

Originally Posted by Unabomber

As to wheel size, I wouldn't go higher than 17s myself. That's a personal choice though. Remember weight though; you don't want 22# wheels. Offset, offset, offset.........do not get wheels without the correct offset. Your wheel bearings will thank you.

If you come to the meet this Sunday, you are bound to see 93 different wheel/tire/spring combinations. That's one of the good things about these meets, you can see stuff for you own eyes and get a better idea of what you want.
thanks.........imma try and check u guys out..........as for offset......i really dont know tha limitations......i was lookin at those work emotions 17 by 8.......and tha falken 225/45/17.........tha only thing im unsure about is tha drop........if u can post tha directions again.......or maybe an addy so i can mapquest it....
Old 07-30-2004, 03:20 AM
Wagons own period

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594966

This link has all the details including mapquest directions.

Impreza wheel offsets are:
Width ........ Offset

6.5" ....... +53 to +55
7.0" ....... +50 to +53
7.5" ....... +47 to +50
8.0" ....... +43 to +47

If your wheel width and offset is within this chart or close (+/- 2mm), your wheels have the proper offset.

Anything outside of these offsets= bad ju-ju.