Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Taillight conversion

Old 04-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Back for more

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taillight conversion

Thinking of doing an S15 silvia taillight conversion on my 5th gen lude, any ideas? I just want something a little different and they seem to be close in size to the stockers and I just think they look pretty clean...
Old 04-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion
Default Re: Taillight conversion

uh... are you kidding? you do know what s15 silvia taillights look like, right?

there is no way in hell s15 tails are going to look even remotely right on a prelude... the top of the silvia headlights are part of the top edge of the trunkline. the only car i've ever seen s15 tails on was an s14 in japan, and there was massive amounts of bodywork needed to do that.

taillight conversions are so 2000 cali show scene.
Attached Thumbnails Taillight conversion-gallary_maffler_rear.jpg  
Old 04-18-2004, 11:53 PM
Back for more

I didn't realize they were part of the top of the trunklid like that... nm, might as well delete this thread, I am just lookin for something interesting and new, I saw a alcheeza setup where the lens (clear outer part) was tinted red and looked pretty clean, I know it's hard to think of alcheeza's lookin good but I might go with it...

Old 04-18-2004, 11:53 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Do it so me and soul can laugh at you
Old 04-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

you'd be better off just spraying the stock tails red in that case.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Back for more

I thought the silvia's were like more flat, they are definetly out of the question but I think those alcheeza's look pretty clean, plus my car is red so i think it would look even better on my car since mine is red...

EDIT: I thought about spraying the stockers but I would rather have some tails to experiment on and alcheeza's are cheaper then OEM's so I figured it might be worth the try. I could always just use some krylon on mine too, that would be tight y0!
Old 04-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Patron

if you have a red car, then stick with unmolested stock tails. if the tails were completely red too, imo it would make the rear look pretty slab-sided. the strip of clear in the tails makes for a good color break.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Back for more

hrmmm... I'll just see, I will probably get them then mess with the red tint thing and swap them for a little while and see what I think, if I don't like them I am sure someon on ebay will buy them
Old 04-19-2004, 02:53 AM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

put something odd in the prelude like something nobody has ever done like dodge caravan lights or nissan murano lights turned sideways or some shit. but stock red would look just as nice
Old 04-19-2004, 05:21 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Do not do it.

Quick Reply: Taillight conversion