Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

are they going to fix the damn road at odu?

Old 08-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan
Default Re: are they going to fix the damn road at odu?

43rd street comes to mind

I CANNOT drive on it at all
Old 08-09-2007, 07:58 PM
posted on da block

l0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud of

they'll fix it after all the new taxes!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

Originally Posted by blaxican25
I drive almost the full length of Hampton Blvd every day at all times of day and I haven't seen an accident on there in weeks, so what are you talking about?
I have had no problems commuting whatsoever, whether walking or driving.
Used to be quite bad when I was commuting in 04-05. They don't have to be horrible accidents as well, it's not like the vehicles have to wait around until you see them. Walking around ODU is fine actually. It's a fine walk in fact. Driving a vehicle is usually another story.

Repairing an interstate (VDOT, federal and state funds, no people living on it) is and always will be easier than fixing residential roads (getting council, city manager approval, notifying residents, city funds, rerouting traffic). Not to mention that interstates are designed to be repaired quickly, whereas city roads, especially in Norfolk, are built on what were once dirt paths that date back almost 300 years.
Of course the funds are one thing, but it really isn't necessary to rip up part of the roads and leave like that for awhile. If you're going to rebuild a road, it should be done all in one motion. No stopping periods.

But once again, how hard is it to repave a damn road? I think a lot more thought is put in it than necessary.

But, I mean, what to the engineers know that I'm sure you couldn't figure out as a retail salesperson with no degree?
That's quite a good question. Want to enlighten me, chef?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:02 AM
teamULTRASPEED

C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312

I go down that road all the time with my 2in ride hieght. It don't bother me.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:53 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Qwiksillva
Of course the funds are one thing, but it really isn't necessary to rip up part of the roads and leave like that for awhile. If you're going to rebuild a road, it should be done all in one motion. No stopping periods.
Sure, I mean, every citizen in Norfolk would be glad to pony up for overtime to complete an entire rebuilding of Hampton Blvd in a single project. Plus, I bet the Naval Base and International Terminals would LOVE not being able to have people/shipments move in and out. You're some kind of genius.

But once again, how hard is it to repave a damn road? I think a lot more thought is put in it than necessary.
Well, if you think it's that easy and you're convinced you can do a better job, how's about throwing in your resume for Director of Public Works?

That's quite a good question. Want to enlighten me, chef?
I'd love to, but as the old saying goes, you can't get water from a rock unless you're Moses.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

GO TO BED TIM!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:55 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

I'd love to, but as the old saying goes, you can't get water from a rock unless you're Moses.
I dont care what anyone says, that was clever AND funny.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:17 AM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

haha nice