Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

For those who are looking for a good job.........

Old 09-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default For those who are looking for a good job.........

VBFD is getting ready to hire some people so I was told. I just figured I would make a post about it because it is a good job with good time off and I dont think they advertise it very much. Good luck
Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Nudes or GTFO

aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe
Default Re: For those who are looking for a good job.........

thanks for the heads up
Old 09-11-2008, 07:27 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

I'll definitely check into it. From what I was told, it's near impossible to get in with them. Worth checking out though, thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

why is the vb department so difficult to get into?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:49 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

cause everyone wants in. they also hire people from other cities who have already been through the tidewater regional fire academy, that saves the city of vb thousands of dollars per person. Vb fire is a very popular department as well because they dont run ems transports, they first respond to ems calls, but they dont staff people on an ambulance, thats the one thing i really dont like about my job. I originally got into the fire department for the fire side of the dept, pretty much every department nowadays has had to integrate ems services which alot of us dont really enjoy. Vb is the only city left in the area who has a seperate ems dept. Not to mention starting pay is pretty good,the vb fire dept is known for being one of the best trained and prideful depts in the area,have great benefits as well, time off is excellent. I have more time off than i know what to do with, we all have 2nd jobs or a major hobby to keep us busy.

I was going to apply this year, but of course with my luck, im going to be in Las Vegas for the Firehouse/Ems expo conference from october 14-18th. The only scheduled date for the test is the october 17th !!!!...so i was pissed about that one.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 09-11-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

i thought about joining norfolk, that is where my dad retired from. their bigges gripe was having the box at the station.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:57 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by quick26
i thought about joining norfolk, that is where my dad retired from. their bigges gripe was having the box at the station.
same here, thought about applying to norfolk after talking with a captain down there, but i really dont enjoy ems that much, and running ems in some ghetto ass part of norfolk im pretty sure i would hate it even more. I have 2 friends that got hired on to norfolk and quit after 6 months cause they never stepped off the gut box cause they were the rookies and of course had no seniority. Running calls all night long staying awake on red bulls and coffee all shift is not my idea of fun, if it were running fire calls all night its a little different, ems tends to suck the life out of alot of people cause you just get burnt out on shit you dont really like to do.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Carolina Kracker

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
same here, thought about applying to norfolk after talking with a captain down there, but i really dont enjoy ems that much, and running ems in some ghetto ass part of norfolk im pretty sure i would hate it even more. I have 2 friends that got hired on to norfolk and quit after 6 months cause they never stepped off the gut box cause they were the rookies and of course had no seniority. Running calls all night long staying awake on red bulls and coffee all shift is not my idea of fun, if it were running fire calls all night its a little different, ems tends to suck the life out of alot of people cause you just get burnt out on shit you dont really like to do.
he was at station 8, berkley lol. he was lucky enough to be the driver of the latter. it rarely went out. he drove the engine before that. he had enough time that when they started to being the boxes in that he did not have to ride it. he got burnt right good back in 88.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:10 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

thats no good, burns are no joke. Glad to see he made it all the way to retirement. Good thing he was able to drive the ladder cause if he was on the box he would have quit in a second haha....