Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Training in the automotive indusrty

Old 04-02-2008 | 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Nate02ep3 has disabled reputation
Default Training in the automotive indusrty

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a local shop or two that would be willing to take me under their wing/teach me some aspects of automotive mechanics.

I am enrolled at Thomas Nelson and will be starting the Automotive Technology program in may. I am mainly looking to build up some experience and references so I wont be considered totally green at the completion of the school program.

I am willing to work for free, in exchange for an opportunity to learn from an experienced professional or two in the area.

I wouldn't consider myself to be great at any aspect of mechanics besides the usual preventive maintenance ie. oil changes, tune ups, tire rotations ect..

I have some experience with brakes, ive changed struts, ive swapped a motor once with help, however none of this experience is verifiable so means jack to the employment side of things.

I do own basic tools and have reliable transportation and a strong desire to learn. If I say ill show up, you can count on me being there. I live in York County so would prefer if the shop was on the Peninsula side of the water.
Feel free to contact me via personal message if this sounds workable.

Well thanks for reading

Nathan
Old 04-02-2008 | 08:38 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: Training in the automotive indusrty

Theres an autoshop thing right next door to us which is off butlers farm (lucas way) Some sort of school, pretty sure auto. Might want to check em out.