Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

VB: Sound decibel meters in effect

Old 02-22-2010, 06:00 PM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: VB: Sound decibel meters in effect

Originally Posted by shawn22
Yes, I know they're harder to spot at night.

that doesnt mean they need to have a 110dB exhaust that they rev up at every fucking opportunity.

No I dont ride. And if I did, I certainly wouldnt have some exhaust that sounds that fucking bad on anything I did ride. Seriously, they sound horrible. HORRIBLE. There is nothing good sounding about 99% of the cruisers I hear on the road.
it's the ass-hat harley owners.

Southpark did a perfect episode on it once.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:01 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Its like 90% of cruiser riders.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:02 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Of course, most sportbike faggots with stupid loud exhausts do the same shit. And thats just as annoying, except they usually dont sound as bad.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:05 PM
FckYoCouch

rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin

There is nothing good sounding about 99% of the cruisers I hear on the road.
Its like 90% of cruiser riders.
Can I get an 80%????

I guess it's a matter of preference... I feel the same way about the sound of the non V-Twin sport bikes.... While I will agree, a lot of them take it to extremes, I do think they need to be louder than the cars on the road....
Old 02-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by NotaMonte
Can I get an 80%????

I guess it's a matter of preference... I feel the same way about the sound of the non V-Twin sport bikes.... While I will agree, a lot of them take it to extremes, I do think they need to be louder than the cars on the road....
There are vtwin engines that sound good, it's just that harleys almost always sound like bad mexican food bowel movements.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Well good. A too high vehicle poses far greater danger to other people than a too low vehicle.
Only if it is used in a dangerous manner. I never Hurt anyone one with my truck. I mean seriously that's like saying we should take mack trucks and dump trucks off the road.We all know what a 37 ton truck does to a 1 ton car.They cause more accidents than anything else.And I know what you are going to say about the headlights blinding everyone....." they shine in my eyes and I cant see".....well so don't everyone that has hid's and not the proper equipment to go with it. Or a stock car with misaligned headlights. I by NO means are saying 2 wrongs make a right but don't single out my kind you racist

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 02-23-2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:23 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

HIDs are also illegal in cars they did not come in originally. I hate HIDs in non projector housings and
i hate big ass trucks.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:50 AM
OCD
miata fag

OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD

Originally Posted by jebsurf
Only if it is used in a dangerous manner. I never Hurt anyone one with my truck. I mean seriously that's like saying we should take mack trucks and dump trucks off the road.We all know what a 37 ton truck does to a 1 ton car.They cause more accidents than anything else.And I know what you are going to say about the headlights blinding everyone....." they shine in my eyes and I cant see".....well so don't everyone that has hid's and not the proper equipment to go with it. Or a stock car with misaligned headlights. I by NO means are saying 2 wrongs make a right but don't single out my kind you racist
I would say it's not how its driven so much as how high it is. The fact that there are some out there that lift it to their maximum limits is the definition of a dangerous manner, not necessarily how its driven on the streets. The extreme lifts I see around here do not compare to a mack truck, the clearance is the issue. The mack truck will go through you, the lifted truck will go up and over. All it takes is someone not paying attention and rear ending/T-bone a little car (stock) for it to turn bad quickly. Impact ratings go completely out the window when the truck now comes through the top of the impacted vehicle.

I don't hold someone that does a modest lift in the same category, but if all I can see is your differential in the rear view mirror it just may be too fucking tall.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by ocd
I would say it's not how its driven so much as how high it is. The fact that there are some out there that lift it to their maximum limits is the definition of a dangerous manner, not necessarily how its driven on the streets. The extreme lifts I see around here do not compare to a mack truck, the clearance is the issue. The mack truck will go through you, the lifted truck will go up and over. All it takes is someone not paying attention and rear ending/T-bone a little car (stock) for it to turn bad quickly. Impact ratings go completely out the window when the truck now comes through the top of the impacted vehicle.

I don't hold someone that does a modest lift in the same category, but if all I can see is your differential in the rear view mirror it just may be too fucking tall.
This is the first thing that comes to mind when you say that

[youtube]wJGST0XNAIg[/youtube]
Old 02-23-2010, 02:19 PM
OCD
miata fag

OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD

Originally Posted by jebsurf
This is the first thing that comes to mind when you say that

[youtube]wJGST0XNAIg[/youtube]
Its only when stopped I notice it, but yeah I don't mind moving over if they manage to get up to speed faster.