Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Video Production Work?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Got Swagg?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW
Default Video Production Work?

Hey everyone. I've got a work related question for those on here who are into Production work or know people who are. I just graduated from Film School last month and I've been steadily trying to find some sort of work within a Production Company or Post Production House, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding something. I've sent out countless Resumes out to LA and NY and I'm just not getting shit back from anybody. So does anybody from the area or even up in Central or NOVA know of any kind of Production work??
Old 06-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

4-BIDN has much to be proud of4-BIDN has much to be proud of4-BIDN has much to be proud of4-BIDN has much to be proud of4-BIDN has much to be proud of4-BIDN has much to be proud of4-BIDN has much to be proud of4-BIDN has much to be proud of4-BIDN has much to be proud of4-BIDN has much to be proud of4-BIDN has much to be proud of
Default Re: Video Production Work?

I went to film school too bro... Just so you know, no-one is going to hire you. And you can't find work at a production company unless you plan on mopping the floors or servicing the vending machines.
This is the "hard truth" about our industry, and it's main purpose is to keep people out so they always have a secure job.
My advice to you is what i started out doing, finding people in the film community and volunteering to work on sets for free, then making friends with the people who can put you on an actual payroll for a project.
I've worked for free and even paid to stay in hotels just so i could get some experience. And it's paid off. I've made a lot of connections and I'm directing my first big project in July, and it could only of been pulled off by making the connections i've made so far.
So either go the kevin smith route and fully finance your own stuff and submit them to festivals, or contact the Va film office and find out exactly which movies and shows are going to be shooting and try and get a PA spot on it or something.

Hope this helps, Good luck.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Nudes or GTFO

aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe

Look up Illusive Media. Go in one day (looking presentable) and tell them your situation and check if they need any interns or any help at all. If you get in good with them thats your best bet. I can even call someone for you but need to post up some of your work (dont want to go out of my way for something thats not worth it). Best of luck either way though.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Got Swagg?

FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW

Originally Posted by 4-BIDN
Yeahh..I mean, I already knew this coming out of school..but it's still worth a shot to search for somebody looking for an assistant or possibly better.

Originally Posted by aznlyfe
Look up Illusive Media. Go in one day (looking presentable) and tell them your situation and check if they need any interns or any help at all. If you get in good with them thats your best bet. I can even call someone for you but need to post up some of your work (dont want to go out of my way for something thats not worth it). Best of luck either way though.
You've been PMed.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:22 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

There's a guy on here that I talked to a while back that does killer music videos and alot of other video production work as well. I THINK his name is Sebastiann. He had tons of good info and he's currently in the field. Good luck! We need more artists and less people being parts of the machine.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

m3f2u has disabled reputation

What can you do?
Video Reel?
Old 07-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

nthn Specl is an unknown quantity at this point

The Virginia Production Alliance is having a meeting tomorrow in Norfolk at 37th and Zen. It will be both the Hampton Roads and the Richmond Chapter. Could be a good place to do some networking and get an idea of the current state of the industry from other people trying to make a living at it.

http://www.filmva.com/