Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Virginia Speed... your opinion

Old 03-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: Virginia Speed... your opinion

Originally Posted by SSSupra
I don't understand all these bad reviews. Nice shop and people, there has also been a slight change in employee's recntly. However they may be a little understaffed now **HINT** Douglas.
I'm sorry Dave, but I gotta put in my two cents. I've beenr there three times, and never once was I impressed with any resemblance of customer service. The Supra event that was there they made a killing off and STILL they were being stingy fuckers about everything. Wanting to charge a gazillion dollars for a single non-wideband pass. the other times I went to plead a case for work, they won't talk to you unless you have a second mortgage on your home signed over to them.

I just don't repsect a shop that can't connect with the people. Hell, that's just about all of them these days.

That's another reason I bought an IROC instead of another import...fuck dealing with shops anymore, and VA Speed is just another prime example.

BTW: This is all opinions from them a year ago....haven't been around since I moved to NoVa.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:27 PM
LOL@DrivenThugtards.

SSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to all

You see, the problem is that car guys are always looking for something either really cheap or free. In all actuality they didn't make a killing off that meet, matter of fact they were lucky to break even. Those types of things are all about getting your name out there and connecting with customers. I don't hear these complaints from the domestic guys but V.S. doesn't have an import guy, as much as I would like to help them out it ended up being a financial loss i just couldn't take. As far as dyno time goes I woudn't rent my $60,000 dyno out for 50 bucks an hour either, that just goes back to the wanting it cheap or free thing. I have no problem spending $150 an hour to tune my car because i always get the results I'm looking for and the shop or should I say people there were nothing but nice to me from day one. in the end though they aren't there to make friends, they are there to build cars and make money doing it.

David
Old 03-03-2005, 01:58 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Why would one pay $150/hr to rent a dyno and do self-tuning, when another shop will allow them to do it for half the price?

It's called smart shopping. Would you goto Home Depot and buy 2x4's of plywood there for $25ea, when Lowes has it for $2.95?

It's not a smart shoppers fault that a company isn't consumer savvy.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:01 PM
LOL@DrivenThugtards.

SSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to allSSSupra is a name known to all

Thats fine, I'm not downing that, I just like to have full control over my car during the tune and they give me that.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Team Ultra Slow

1998Silverbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats fine, I'm not downing that, I just like to have full control over my car during the tune and they give me that.
I would hope they do at 150 dollars an hour..
Old 03-03-2005, 03:09 PM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Originally Posted by 1998Silverbird
I would hope they do at 150 dollars an hour..
LOL! I've talked to Robby a few times and he seems like a good guy. The only thing i didn't like is that they are very strict on what they will install and what they wont install. As long as i'm a paying customer, i would think that they would install almost anything in my car as long as I have $$!!
Old 03-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Subapoop

ubermagoo is an unknown quantity at this point

i got mine tuned there for 100 an hour. Service isnt bad, they just dont like tuning peoples cars who dont know what they are doing. That being said, they convinced me that a tuned 13:1 was a good a/f ratio for a turbo supra. I believed them, since i did no real research into it before hand, and got yelled at on the supra forums for nearly melting my motor. Va Speed sucks. im sure they do fine with domestics, but imports beware.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Team Ultra Slow

1998Silverbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ubermagoo
i got mine tuned there for 100 an hour. Service isnt bad, they just dont like tuning peoples cars who dont know what they are doing. That being said, they convinced me that a tuned 13:1 was a good a/f ratio for a turbo supra. I believed them, since i did no real research into it before hand, and got yelled at on the supra forums for nearly melting my motor. Va Speed sucks. im sure they do fine with domestics, but imports beware.
13:1 wow.. That is some good advice.. I wouldnt run 13:1 on motor yet alone a power adder..
Old 03-03-2005, 03:45 PM
LOL@DrivenThugtards.

Bullshit, they aren't ididots. Douglas, who would've been tuning is actually a very smart man, if I'm not mistaken he holds an engineering degree. They know very well what a safe AF is for a turbo car.Also what were they tuning your car with? AEM, safc, vpc, map ecu?
Old 03-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Bullshit, they aren't ididots. Douglas, who would've been tuning is actually a very smart man, if I'm not mistaken he holds an engineering degree. They know very well what a safe AF is for a turbo car.Also what were they tuning your car with? AEM, safc, vpc, map ecu?

I don't know what reasons he would have to make something like that up unless he had some personal interest in another shop... Although I don't really see any tuning shops doing that.

Quick Reply: Virginia Speed... your opinion