Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What can I expect in Ghent?

Old 10-28-2009, 10:17 AM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: What can I expect in Ghent?

Originally Posted by Coldaccord
let me get you a tissue with which to dry your salty tears
I will authorize your move if you stop dressing like a douche and go make some purchases at O'Connell's near Heath and Main before you leave Buffalo.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:24 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by dave22
Ghent is as close as this area gets for what you're into.
+1
Old 10-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

I knew I smelled KY somewhere; thought it was on my fingers til I saw this thread
Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

Coldaccord has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by marlinspike
I will authorize your move if you stop dressing like a douche and go make some purchases at O'Connell's near Heath and Main before you leave Buffalo.
haha I had no idea what that was so I googled it; I used to live a few blocks down and would always pass that place walking to class. It was like a step back in time for douchebags

I don't dress like a hipster really, I just love the hipster girls. I do wear levis 511's, but I think that's more-so because of the whole skateboard thing. no scarves or kanye glasses, ha

In terms of bars, I just like shitty dive bars where people can just hang out, rather than trying to be somebody. or dudes with blowouts and vertically striped shirts trying to fight everybody, with girls in northface fleeces and ugg boots.

Basically I'm just looking for not-lame-generic

Can't get enough of girls in skinny jeans though. tight legs just really accentuate the butt

Last edited by Coldaccord; 10-28-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

forced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Ghent. It's a pretty even mixture. Remember that it still is a college area so you will still get the "brah" crowd. There are a few bars around like you described, but they all get crowded. I think you should visit before you move. I do agree with ShawnD about the athletic spandex wearing ladies though. Everywhere.

It's also right on top of the new football stadium so plenty of games and parties.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

well I'm staying with my friend in virginia beach, just looking for places to hang out.

i'm very disappointed about the hockey down there though. doesn't seem to be much pickup hockey, which sucks. if there's semi-pro down there I could try that, but I don't really care to play competitively anymore.

edit: just talked to Chilled Ponds or whatever, they have dorking around icetime every day and skate and shoot weds fri sat. i should just join a league down there

Last edited by Coldaccord; 10-28-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:16 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

try iceland. I think it used to be Thursday nights.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

I'm having trouble getting a hold of iceland. i tried the 757-490-3907 and the 490 3999 numbers and can't talk to anyone. the automated response only has public skate times

getting kinda nervous the hockey down there is going to be shitty
Old 10-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

If you're over 21 and like to drink the places to go in Va Beach are Hot Tuna on Wednesday nights and Crocs on Thursday nights.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:43 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Coldaccord
well I'm staying with my friend in virginia beach, just looking for places to hang out.

i'm very disappointed about the hockey down there though. doesn't seem to be much pickup hockey, which sucks. if there's semi-pro down there I could try that, but I don't really care to play competitively anymore.

edit: just talked to Chilled Ponds or whatever, they have dorking around icetime every day and skate and shoot weds fri sat. i should just join a league down there
we have hockey here?

Quick Reply: What can I expect in Ghent?