Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

what is i pay the traffic ticket a few hours after my court case ?

Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 PM
10th planet student

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSX240 has disabled reputation
Default what is i pay the traffic ticket a few hours after my court case ?

ok so i got a defective equipment ticket 2 weeks ago and i was going to prepay it tonight, court is tomorrow morning, but i found out i would of had to of payed it by 3pm today to prepay it. my question is, if my court date is tomorrow at 8:30am, can i just stop by after im done with my classes around noon and pay it ? will there be any late fees or will they be coming after me already for "no show" ?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:04 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: what is i pay the traffic ticket a few hours after my court case ?

Originally Posted by LSX240
ok so i got a defective equipment ticket 2 weeks ago and i was going to prepay it tonight, court is tomorrow morning, but i found out i would of had to of payed it by 3pm today to prepay it. my question is, if my court date is tomorrow at 8:30am, can i just stop by after im done with my classes around noon and pay it ? will there be any late fees or will they be coming after me already for "no show" ?
they will find you guilty...and then it will have court costs and i believe they can add a "no show" on to it as well...

when it comes to court they dont care about your life and stuff you have to do..you better have nearly died or have died to get any sympathy from them.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:09 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Yeah, you'll have a failure to appear if you do what you have planned. Go to court. You can TRY calling the clerks office as soon as they open in the morning and asking for a continuance, or even asking if they can just knock it to the afternoon docket so you can plead guilty and pay it if they have such a docket, but don't count on them doing that.

If you want any favors, and all you want to do is pay the ticket, I would tell them your situation, i.e. "i meant to pre-pay, didn't know that I was too late, I have class, but I just want to pay it, can you help me out?"
Old 09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

you are hosed
Old 09-06-2010, 06:13 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

do as marlin stated...i have called the clerks office the morning of and paid a ticket...

BUT make sure you have credit card in hand and ready to pay...liek he said they wont just continue it just caused YOU asked...your not a lawyer or a DA

call at 8:00 not 8:01 not 8:36...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:15 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by nftuatn
do as marlin stated...i have called the clerks office the morning of and paid a ticket...

BUT make sure you have credit card in hand and ready to pay...liek he said they wont just continue it just caused YOU asked...your not a lawyer or a DA

call at 8:00 not 8:01 not 8:36...
Actually, they would given him one if he had asked earlier. When it comes to traffic, first one is free in district court. And I would call earlier than 8. A lot of courts have someone answering the phone early. I would wake up at 7 and just call every 15 min until someone answers.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:20 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Actually, they would given him one if he had asked earlier.
thats good to know...i always thought lawyers and das handled all that...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

You go to jail without passing "Go."
Old 09-06-2010, 06:21 PM
ATGATT

Originally Posted by nftuatn
thats good to know...i always thought lawyers and das handled all that...
After the first one, you pretty much can't get one by yourself, but in traffic the first one is free. At least in the courts I'm familiar with, in traffic, on the first one, you call the clerk and the clerk handles it. Also, we don't have DAs, we have CAs. Nobody calls them CAs but me, but just watch I'm going to start it and everybody will be calling them CAs.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

commonwealth/district...same thing to me...im sure there is a difference though...

Quick Reply: what is i pay the traffic ticket a few hours after my court case ?