Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where can I buy a sheet/panel of ABS plastic like you'd see for a head unit surround?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Where can I buy a sheet/panel of ABS plastic like you'd see for a head unit surro

I got somethin more dope than that...

I have chromed aluminum diamond plate... Sup?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Where can I buy a sheet/panel of ABS plastic like you'd see for a head unit surro

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Are there not any plastics suppliers around there anywhere? I have a few local plastics places (here in CO) that stock textured ABS, I'm surprised there aren't any around there.

McMaster Carr sells it by the way. ABS is really cheap.
None that I could find easily... but honestly the black clipboard I got is perfect. It's a good thickness, stiff, and the finish matches the interior center consold w/ all the trim removed anyway as it's just black powdercaot or whatever coating they put on. I'm pickey enough that if I didn't like it I'd re-do it, but after messing with it last night and cutting some pieces I'm satisfied. I'll post up some pics once i get it all done.... the upper area will be for my track mate display, the climate control unit will be in it's stock location, and below that I will have the TC/AH button, the fuel door popper button, and the power port from the center console.

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello

Haha... there was plenty of that at Lowe's and Northern Tool
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello

I've made a few things with engine-turned aluminum plate. Very pretty. Looks like something you'd find in an old British sports car.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

I get it for free from a place that builds external ATM buildings... I need to get some more actually... Its some pretty expensive jank... Good thing I have a friend who ganks it from the scrap bin...
Old 08-05-2010, 08:57 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Need to make some switch panels for the racecar I've been to Best Buy (stereo dept), Walmart, Northern Tool, and Office Depot. Finally found some black plastic clipboards that would work, but would prefer to find the correct stuff.

-Brian

my partner has some how much do you need?
i actually have a piece right now that is one of those squares, ill just give it to you
Old 08-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

You can order from mcmaster carr. They usually ship out of new jersey so it will get here next day if it goes ground. I'm sure we have plenty of extra in the back here. If you absolutely must have tonight, I'll grab you some if you wanna make the trek to this side of the water.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Are there not any plastics suppliers around there anywhere? I have a few local plastics places (here in CO) that stock textured ABS, I'm surprised there aren't any around there.

McMaster Carr sells it by the way. ABS is really cheap.
There is a Plastic Supply place on Diamond spring. Just north of North Hampton on the left had side, Giant white building.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

^ Good to know.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:04 AM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ProjektPhoto
There is a Plastic Supply place on Diamond spring. Just north of North Hampton on the left had side, Giant white building.
that guys a giant dick, and a rip off, Norva Plastics by ODU has giant warehouse of various plastic in stock and usually happy to sell small quantities to people, even do the custom fabricating alot of the time.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Fanboi

Also good to know.... I should have thought to PM you being as you deal w/ acrylics etc. for your business.

Quick Reply: Where can I buy a sheet/panel of ABS plastic like you'd see for a head unit surround?