Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where can I get metric socket head cap screws.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Ohhh Snap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez
Default Where can I get metric socket head cap screws.

I am looking for a m10x1.25x50 socket head cap screw and can not find it,at all.
I have been to Fastenal,Home-Depot,Ace hardware,American Maintenance Suppliers. I know it exists since i have a sheared one in my hand,obviously needing to replace it.

If anyone knows where else to search or may be able to get their hands on some please chime in.

Id like it to be heat treated alloy but ill take just about anything right now.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default Re: Where can I get metric socket head cap screws.

Fastenal cant order one for you?

Check McMaster-Carr's online store.

You need a flat topped one, or a standard?

They have them partially threaded in standard capped, but for a flat topped you're fucked.

Any machine shop should be able to make them pretty quickly though.

Last edited by shawn22; 04-27-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

kenbdSi is a jewel in the roughkenbdSi is a jewel in the roughkenbdSi is a jewel in the rough

york bolt in yorkktown.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by shawn22
Fastenal cant order one for you?

Check McMaster-Carr's online store.

You need a flat topped one, or a standard?

They have them partially threaded in standard capped, but for a flat topped you're fucked.

Any machine shop should be able to make them pretty quickly though.

Counter sunk,I went in fastenal as a walk in,im sure if I mentioned my company things would have been different.

Ill most likely get one through work. As for the machine ship I work at the shipyard lol,but running the CNC mill is expensive,even as just a personal favor.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:59 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by madsteez
Counter sunk,I went in fastenal as a walk in,im sure if I mentioned my company things would have been different.

Ill most likely get one through work. As for the machine ship I work at the shipyard lol,but running the CNC mill is expensive,even as just a personal favor.
Which shipyard.

I also work at a shipyard, we dont have any CNC machines in my shop, but we do have a few manual lathes and a mill and a few other machines.

We dont worry about cost, because we dont have shit to do most of the time. Like 50% of the work that comes out of our machine shop is personal favors for people.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Ohhh Snap

Originally Posted by shawn22
Which shipyard.

I also work at a shipyard, we dont have any CNC machines in my shop, but we do have a few manual lathes and a mill and a few other machines.

We dont worry about cost, because we dont have shit to do most of the time. Like 50% of the work that comes out of our machine shop is personal favors for people.

LOL I work at Lyon's we stay relatively busy but the CNC machine is always in use. I could make the bolt and cut the threads in the lathe but I never have made a counter sunk allen head. Im sure ill find somewhere to find it tomorrow,was just looking for something asap.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:45 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Get a few that are one more bigger and cut them down to size, keep the counter sunk allen head as it is Thats what I would do.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:55 PM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

You need them counter sunk?

At Fastenal, we normally dont carry metric fine thread, because its automotive. Its not something we deal alot with.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM

actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball actionpaintball

Have you tried the bolt section of advance auto or autozone? That is the last place I got my metric cap screws...not sure the exact pitch though.

York bolt would have them...^^^
Old 04-27-2010, 06:20 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Its an odd size, I doubt advance would have what a fastener specialty shop doesnt.

I know I had to order an odd size for my steering wheel bolts after I made a spacer for it (10-32 x 2.5" long socket head cap screws countersunk), and Fastenal was able to order them for me at $1.50 a screw.

Quick Reply: Where can I get metric socket head cap screws.