Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where to get urathane bumpers media blasted?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HJV11 has much to be proud ofHJV11 has much to be proud ofHJV11 has much to be proud ofHJV11 has much to be proud ofHJV11 has much to be proud ofHJV11 has much to be proud ofHJV11 has much to be proud ofHJV11 has much to be proud ofHJV11 has much to be proud ofHJV11 has much to be proud ofHJV11 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where to get urathane bumpers media blasted?

Originally Posted by maacodale
DO NOT USE PAINT STRIPPER!!! Unless you want to buy a new bumper cover.
The only thing to do is to have it media blasted. We've used Tidewater Soda Blasting. Call Robert May at 343-9932. He's super professional and does one hell of a job. He usually does BIG boats, but can do anything. I've had bumpers done before and they come out damn near perfect. AND he comes to you usually.
I will give him a call. Thanks Dale!

Originally Posted by glhturbo2
Sounds like a big headache and people telling you to not do either. How much would it be to purchase a new unpainted set?? Might be cheaper in the long run.
A new set would run me in the area of $1100 or so.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
is your factory paint flaking off ?........if not, there is no need to strip those bumpers. if its just chipped up a bit, feather them out. Prime em, call it a day. unless its been painted a few times, than its justified.
The paint is in exceptionally bad condititon and prior to me getting the car it was painted very poorly so there a lots of runs and stuff I want to get rid of. If possible I would just like to start over with a clean bumper.