Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Who has flood insurance? "Survival" kit?

Old 11-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie
Default Re: Who has flood insurance? "Survival" kit?

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Yeah I just saw your pictures. I have a gas furnace, but can't turn the heat on w/o power b/c the fans don't work.
I currently have the same issue, but I do planned on getting a generator in the future. I only lost power for half an hour so it wasn't really needed this time. I just want to pay off some other debt before I go and spend money on that. I have plenty of blankets for now.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:34 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

ive got flood insurance, when I bought the house I bought a policy, didnt care if I wasnt in a flood zone. Got it just in case, its cheap since were not in a flood zone, like 180 bucks a year. But is well worth the peace of mind.

As far as survivl kit, Ive got the ultimate survival kit. But its for being outside mainly, in the woods. A backpack full of everything I would need for a few days of having to stay in a remote area, the shit and get bag for when the zombies come. But it doesnt really pertain to floods and extended power outages. Its more of a if shit hits the fan survival kit. Not a natural disaster type weather related incident. Plenty of batteries, flashlights, waterproof matches, small cookware, ammo, knives,rope etc.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

You know having a "shit hits the fan" kit is a good idea. I'd stock it up w/ some MREs, a knife, some ammo etc. etc.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:46 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

I have a full flood policy and a small survial kit.. chances are id be out of the area if the shit really hit the fan... never thought I needed flood ins till last night

Front yard...ish
Old 11-13-2009, 02:31 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

I have power haha!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:53 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Old 11-13-2009, 04:51 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

that's a gun, not flood insurance.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:08 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by ryanherington
that's a gun, not flood insurance.
An airsoft gun at that
Old 11-13-2009, 05:33 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Boost-box
An airsoft gun at that
Incorrect.

Two companies produce an ATF legal semi auto PKM in the US. THough the one i posted is just a stock photo of the first run of them.

The main reason you can tell it's a semi-auto and not an airsoft is the tube that runs through the stock. Airsofts don't have this nor do true full auto PKMs.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Cool story Hansel.

Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28

There goes my parts car...this was at low tide.

I think my family has some sort of flood insurance, as well as the rest of Poquoson. I know of a bunch of people that had water in their houses yesterday. Lots of ground floors ruined.

Quick Reply: Who has flood insurance? "Survival" kit?