Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Who is part of GREEN RUN HOA and would like to see it gone?

Old 10-19-2010, 08:26 AM
MKZ
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MKZ has a spectacular aura aboutMKZ has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Who is part of GREEN RUN HOA and would like to see it gone?

Originally Posted by l0uiE|3oy
Speaking of crappy neighborhoods in VB, whats the name of the complex on the corner of Independence/Lynnhaven that just got caged in lol

thats Twin Canal I believe, A lot of drug dealings there.
That part of Green Run is very slack, looks like shit every time i drive by, which is good in a way but then again if its so slack then wtf am i paying all that money for. After all if were paying for something may as well get at least a little bit of the benefit.

Originally Posted by shawn22
Anyone who buys a home in an area with an HOA is an idiot.
I agree, label me an idiot , but at the same time if you can find a home in VB that is not in the middle of nowhere or wasn't built in the 60's you're a super man. All good locations are taken.

Seriously though, HOA's are everywhere in VB. Its near dam impossible to stay away from them. I guess you could do what Eng said and run to a new location like a little bitch every time there is a problem in the hood. Its better to at least try to work with what you have before resorting to moving.

Last edited by MKZ; 10-19-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:35 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Originally Posted by shawn22
Anyone who buys a home in an area with an HOA is an idiot.
Says the person who doesnt own a home.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

What happens if you say hey I own this house and land, fuck you Im not paying. Im not interested in the service you provide.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!
Old 10-20-2010, 06:55 AM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by WYT R1CE
What happens if you say hey I own this house and land, fuck you Im not paying. Im not interested in the service you provide.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!
they foreclose on your house... you signed a contract
Old 10-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Ahh, see that's BS. I always wondered this, Ive never purchased a home.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Victum
luckily where i live there is no HOA... cops came and asked me to move my FD before cause it was near a mailbox, i told them that i pay taxes for that street so im going to park it there, and they left. Douche bag neighbors.

I cant wait until I purchase my own house, we have people now asking us to move our vehicles sometimes because its "hard" for them to make a turn into their 2 way driveway. When i get my own house ill be like tough shit take a driving lesson or two.
I hate to be too much of a dick... but your house and the way it looks is why HOAs exist. The idea is to set a baseline of rules/standards that keeps property values up overall.

Originally Posted by MKZ
I agree, label me an idiot , but at the same time if you can find a home in VB that is not in the middle of nowhere or wasn't built in the 60's you're a super man. All good locations are taken.

Seriously though, HOA's are everywhere in VB. Its near dam impossible to stay away from them. I guess you could do what Eng said and run to a new location like a little bitch every time there is a problem in the hood. Its better to at least try to work with what you have before resorting to moving.
I bought in Pine Meadows back in 2004 and there isn't any HOA. The neighborhood was built in in '87-'89 and isn't in the "middle of nowhere". I'm fortunate that most of the people in the area are military and take care of their property.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:23 AM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by WYT R1CE
Ahh, see that's BS. I always wondered this, Ive never purchased a home.
Yup...

I've been renting (different places) for 5+ years now. Last year I got offered an amazing deal on a house by a family friend as a favor to me before hey put it on the market... I took one serious look at some of the HOA rules and had to tell them I wasn't interested.

They had things like: no privacy fences, no cars parked at the street, no hot-tubs/pools, no basketball hoops, you could only put up a certain type of shed, you couldn't build a detached garage, etc etc... the one that completely killed it for me was them "strongly suggesting" that you hired a company to maintain your lawn...

I will never own a home in a HOA neighborhood.

My parents lived in a HOA area in hampton for years; we would get notices on the front door about pine-cones in the yard at least once a week...... fucking pine-cones... that fall out of trees.... I would be in the yard picking the things up every other day just cause my parents got so fed up with the notices.

Last edited by ~Josh; 10-20-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker

Originally Posted by ~Josh
they foreclose on your house... you signed a contract
I'm sure there's gotta be case precedent to stop that. Just gotta find the proper loophole.