Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WRX Tuners! (all help welcome)

Old 12-27-2003, 08:11 AM
fabricated reality

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kawgomoo can only hope to improve

dn performance sells some pretty sick shit for your car as well... and there prices are usually very competitive. {d/p's manifolds i/c's etc}
Old 12-27-2003, 08:19 AM
Thai Silk

BlazeWRX is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the web site address for DN Perf.? I already have all the basics for my car except for the TXS UTEC. Now it is time to upgrade fuel, turbo, intercooler.
The clutch and flywheel is also on the way, I would like to replace the week gearsets. Go to the APS website and it will tell you why. The helical gearsets they sell can handle 380lbs. of torque but it is around several thousand dollars at MastroWRX.com
Old 12-27-2003, 08:31 AM
fabricated reality

im not real sure about headers... but i know someone has to offer a manifold setup for external wastegate for your car.

also forced performance sells an fp3055, the fp3065 is a lil bigger but truly an AWESOME turbo. id like to see someone use something like this on there wrx, it has wastegate provision cast into the exhaust housing of the turbo. you would only need to change/modify the header or turbo so u can bolt them together. other than that it should be cake!

id like to see a fast sooby. people talk alotta shit about the motors being eggshells etc etc... i dunno i jus think no one knows how to work with them. i see wrx's kick ass in group a rally rarely with a blown motor. they are running about 400hp due to the highly restrictive rules. so i know its possible to make a streetable 400hp+ that is reliable,since enthusiasts are only goverened by budget.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

sr40 will flow 595 cfm at 1 bar.
vf34 is only 435 cfm at 1 bar.
Large 16g 550 cfm at 1 bar.

Please get the sr40. ^___^

The reason why alot of suby owners are going with the smaller turbos is because the ej doesnt respond to boost as well as other turbo motors (4g, Sr). It responds better to timing. 400hp crank is pretty simple with race gas for the wrx. But with 93 its very hard.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:58 AM
Thai Silk

I am definately getting the SR40 because I want to go with all APS products since their parts are specifically designed for the MY02 WRX.
And if I blow my motor I could either rebuild it with the JUN 2.2 stroker kit or by a 2.2 stroker motor from MastroWRX.com for a couple thousand I think.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:08 AM
fabricated reality

well putting boost on a motor is all a compromise of timing and fuel anyhow. i think if the sube's arent responding well to boost, is more than likely because it has a pretty aggressive timing map in the factory ecm. this is seen alot in mr2's people try to tune them with piggy backs and it never works out.. mainly because most piggybacks only manipulate fueling.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:20 AM
Thai Silk

The Turbo XS (TXS) Utec is a piggyback and the TXS Scooby ran high 11's with the TXS Top Mount Intercooler(TMI) and TXS set up. Then again how well does it run?
I know Motec makes a stand alone and I would probably need the Denso wideband O2 sensor and tune everything from idle to full boost at redline. I definately need to call TXS up in Maryland to tune on their dyno then.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

Originally posted by kawgomoo
well putting boost on a motor is all a compromise of timing and fuel anyhow. i think if the sube's arent responding well to boost, is more than likely because it has a pretty aggressive timing map in the factory ecm. this is seen alot in mr2's people try to tune them with piggy backs and it never works out.. mainly because most piggybacks only manipulate fueling.
yeah thats partly true with the wrx. the factory ecu does have a very aggressive timing curve especially towards redline.

But what i was trying to get at is....from the limited tuning experience i have with the wrx...i have noticed that timing yeilds higher hp than simply adding more boost and turning the timing back. It appears to me that the ej combustion chamber is not very boost happy.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:02 PM

silverscooby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BlazeWRX
The Turbo XS (TXS) Utec is a piggyback and the TXS Scooby ran high 11's with the TXS Top Mount Intercooler(TMI) and TXS set up. Then again how well does it run?
I know Motec makes a stand alone and I would probably need the Denso wideband O2 sensor and tune everything from idle to full boost at redline. I definately need to call TXS up in Maryland to tune on their dyno then.
Nathan and Phil are top notch guys. They tuned my car twice and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Keep in mind that their Stage 4 car ran 11.99 with nitrous. I just don't want you to think you will be running 11's with their stage 4 alone.

Also, I wasnt trying to put down the SR40. It's a good turbo but it you search around on nasioc.com you will see that it hasnt quite lived up to what APS has rated it at. How much are the SR40's going for now?