Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WTF 96x

Old 04-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default WTF 96x

So today at home after a long day at work I'm sitting on the computer and I release a hefty sigh....

Oh I know!! Thanks to the wonders of the internet I will listen to 96x and the Mike and Bob show to get a few laughs and enjoy my evening.

I click away and hit listen live on the website, to my surprise music is playing, so curious I peruse the website to find the following lame statement from Bobby Sinclair....

In response to all of the Facebook postings about the Mike and Bob Show and the recent music changes on 96X, I have the following comments.
All radio stations in the United States are affected by Arbitron ratings. The Arbitron company changed their radio rating system about a year ago. This new rating system has had a very negative impact on many talk shows and morning shows on music stations nationwide. Unfortunately, under this new system, the ratings for The Mike and Bob Show on 96X were much lower than the ratings during our music hours, and that is the only reason that I felt I had to make a change. Prior to the change in the rating measurement system, the Mike and Bob Show was very successful and popular. Under the new ratings system, this was no longer the case.
This was personally one of the most difficult business decisions I have ever had to make. Mike, Bob, and Nick are great guys and have been the anchors of 96x for years and years. I have done everything I could to make this transition less painful for them. Mike has been offered a full time position at one of our other stations here in Norfolk at the same pay. Nick will continue to do mornings on 96X. Bob was given nine months severance pay.
Yes, we have made some changes in our music. 96X is playing all the biggest alternative songs and artists and will continue to do so. 75% of the music is exclusive to 96X from Muse, The Black Keys, Paramore, MGMT, Silversun Pickups , with new songs from Mumford and Sons, Neon Trees, Death Cab For Cutie, Rise Against, Cage The Elephant and more.
We have added other styles of popular music into the mix to give the station a bigger appeal. We stay committed to breaking Alternative music and bring Hampton roads the best variety of music.
Thank you for listening to 96X and for your comments.
Bob Sinclair

WTF happened 757...how could you let such a horrible thing happen to such great Duudddeeesss!!!

I'm severely disappointed.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: WTF 96x and 757

yeah man. Lots of people in the 757 are shocked.

In commemoration of Mike and Bob Show, I have cleared 96x off my cars radios.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

wow...what the fuck..
Old 04-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Dude... I really feel like I was just told my dog died. Why is there not riots in the streets???

So fucked up. I was like well at least with the internet I can still catch the show....now not so much
Old 04-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

oh trust, the station got a bombardment of HATE Emails about the situation.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
oh trust, the station got a bombardment of HATE Emails about the situation.
When did this happen??
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Originally Posted by Will Sol
When did this happen??
Monday April 11th.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
Monday April 11th.
son of a bitch.... This dude needs his house TP'd or somin. I miss that show and have been thinking of it a lot and just waiting to get internet here again so I could listen. FUUUuuuu
Old 04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Mike and Bob were getting to be too much for me. It seems like they stretched certain topics out far too long and killed the humor of them.

With them being gone, it doesn't really make a huge impact on me listening to 96x. Now that 96x has a broader range of music, they are going to be even worse than before.

As for the Arbitron system, basically (from what I'm told), they are now able to tell exactly when listeners change the channel. For example, shitty song comes on, listener rating goes down so now they know not to play that song as much. It works the other way around. If people stick around to hear that song, they will play it more often. This is the key reason it seems like radio stations play the same songs, over and over. It's stupid, give me variety.

I spoke to Slightly last night and he was saying it was a big shocker to everyone that worked with Mike and Bob and that they never saw it coming. Definitely sucks for those guys, but I don't think it's a huge loss to the radio community. They were getting past their prime imo.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:40 AM
skankin'

dubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud of

Announced today, Bob and the crew are starting a podcast style show...

http://bobsboneyard.com/site/

Quick Reply: WTF 96x