Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Your favorite bakery ?

Old 02-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo
Default Re: Your favorite bakery ?

Originally Posted by ufctapout
Honey Dew Donuts. Only catch is you'll have to drive up to Massachusetts.

But real talk, the mother effing Portuguese bakeries up by where I grew up in MA. Holy mother of God, everything they made was the stuff of legend. Damnit now I'm hungry...
THIS!!

Shit makes me want to drive back to see my family for a weekend to get some of that shit! Haven't had Honey Dew in like 7 years.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:08 AM
DANGEROUS

REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER

I've heard the French Bakery in Norfolk has some pretty good donuts. They have an orange donut that is supposed to be the business. But I havent ever tried them, but will in the next week or so when I go get a pastrami sandwhich from there.

Im glad you made this thread though b/c ive been on the hunt for a good bear claw. So far Panera bread has the best one. haha
Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by WYT R1CE
Glorys Bakery Pizza Bread > *

Good ass pastry's also
been to glorys many a times. Their pizza bread is by far my favorite in the city. I get pepperoni and meatball. i normally eat 2 of them cause they are so good. I do like the macaroons they make and the raspberry turnovers are great but they dont make donuts, or at least Ive never seen them in there. But agree, they are the best for pizza bread and little pastries.

Originally Posted by noshoes
http://www.ninascakecreations.com/

Daft Mom's house! Om nom nom!
Im pretty sure she did our wedding cake, and yea it was effing good.

Originally Posted by REKER
I've heard the French Bakery in Norfolk has some pretty good donuts. They have an orange donut that is supposed to be the business. But I havent ever tried them, but will in the next week or so when I go get a pastrami sandwhich from there.

Im glad you made this thread though b/c ive been on the hunt for a good bear claw. So far Panera bread has the best one. haha
Ill have to stop by and check it out, I am in love with the orange donut that mcfarlan makes. it freaking melts in your mouth. so Im definitely up for trying another kind.
In all honesty im looking for a boston creme that can rival the one at mcfarlans. This donut weighs like half a pound, and 3/4 of it is creme. its so freaking good I cant even take it, thats why I ate so many of them ha. I hate the fact that its 8 hrs away, and we only go up there twice a year, and her parents come down here twice a year and bring donuts with them. Its probably a good thing I cant have them everyday or Id be back to my former self with a quickness.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:31 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

I guess Smithfield gets no love
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

thats kind of far from me. im in vb. smithfield is how far ?
Old 02-11-2011, 12:15 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

If you are the farthest out it's a ways. If you are right at the line on 264 then 35 minutes max.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
I haven't been there in some years, but the Doughnut Dinette on Colley near 20th street
I ate there once... I walked from the hospital over there and luckily I was going back to the hospital b/c my ass blew up by the time I got there. Probably wasn't the donut though.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Originally Posted by Scoutn757
Ringo's Donuts
1200 South Church Street, Smithfield, VA

Is that the place with the bacon doughnut?
Old 02-11-2011, 04:52 PM
DANGEROUS

REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER

Turned tonight in to cheat day and went to the French Bakery with Dave22. We both had the pastrami and some orange donuts and both were REALLY good. Then again, this is my first non-krispy kreme/dunkin/wawa/711 donut so thats all I can compare them to. I thought I could compare the Pastrami to the 58 Deli pastrami, but I just cant. Both are good for their own reasons.
Dave bought 3 orange donuts and a French Horn and holy crap are the french horns good. I got an Almond cresant and chocolate covered bacon that was really good, too.

From what ive heard and read, people either love this place, or hate it. I loved it. Also heard complaints that the prices were high and the owners were abrasive. I can see where the prices could be high to some people, but the owner was really nice and talked to us most of the time.

Total for a root beer, half a pastrami sandwhich, 1 donut, chocolate covered bacon, and almond cresent = $28.00
Old 02-11-2011, 05:01 PM
OV-104

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ
Is that the place with the bacon doughnut?
Haven't looked for it but they are some of the best I have ever had.

Quick Reply: Your favorite bakery ?