Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

07 Jetta Wheel Fitment - 18x8.5

Old 03-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Got Swagg?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW
Default Re: 07 Jetta Wheel Fitment - 18x8.5

I vote, stop talking, starting doing everything Brian said.

GO!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:05 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Christ allmighty... $262 for an entire set of coilovers? I'm sorry, but at that price, I wouldn't trust 'em. I don't care if other people have good luck with them, but I personally wouldn't trust that. If I was looking for "cheap" coilovers for a VW, I'd get KW V1s.

There is no way I'd put my wife out on the road on a $260 set of coilovers.

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
those wheels would look sick on my passat. God dammit i need a better paying jerb or a 2nd one. LOL.
You haven't gotten you VADriven moderator check yet? PM sung, you should be on a commision.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by Flite
You haven't gotten you VADriven moderator check yet? PM sung, you should be on a commision.
ha yeah right!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Even with an update life insurance policy?

I thought it was for each side... I'll have to do some considering on a spring or coilover.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

i mean i bought my racelands for $300, tax free and free shipping. Also they have a 2 yr warranty.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 AM
typesb4thinking

nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3

fwiw i have JOM coilovers which are essentially the same thing as raceland/vmaxx (pretty sure anyway) and i have zero complaints.

16k miles so far...
Old 03-02-2010, 09:27 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Christ allmighty... $262 for an entire set of coilovers? I'm sorry, but at that price, I wouldn't trust 'em. I don't care if other people have good luck with them, but I personally wouldn't trust that. If I was looking for "cheap" coilovers for a VW, I'd get KW V1s.

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Even with an update life insurance policy?
I thought it was for each side... I'll have to do some considering on a spring or coilover.
not trying to be a dick flite, but thats pretty ignorant, i havent heard a single complaint with these coils, Vmaxx, JOM's, FK streetlines, or any other "generic" coilover. OP do your reasearch and i think you'll be very pleased to know that they are respectable coilovers, no matter if they cost 262 dollars, or 800 dollars. if you buy springs you're an idiot simply for the fact that you can buy these coils for about the same amount you can buy springs for, and have a shock and adjustable spring as well, makes sense to me.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:42 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Uzi does it!
not trying to be a dick flite, but thats pretty ignorant, i havent heard a single complaint with these coils, Vmaxx, JOM's, FK streetlines, or any other "generic" coilover. OP do your reasearch and i think you'll be very pleased to know that they are respectable coilovers, no matter if they cost 262 dollars, or 800 dollars. if you buy springs you're an idiot simply for the fact that you can buy these coils for about the same amount you can buy springs for, and have a shock and adjustable spring as well, makes sense to me.
i completely agree. the 'you get what you pay for' is usually an infallible mindset when buying parts, but i have always been completely convinced that coilovers were insanely overpriced, especially if they don't contain the shock body (which i'm not sure if these do or not, i didn't click the link...). i've been thinking for a while there's probably a pretty good market for a cheap, non-race inspired coilover- it seems like i was right.

customer satisfaction is a far better basis of product quality than cost.

edit- i did click the link, they do contain the shock body, and yes that is cheap as fuck, holy shit.

somebody get in here and speak on how they do on the track. i am highly interested.

Last edited by blackout; 03-02-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:44 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Originally Posted by blackout
i completely agree. the 'you get what you pay for' is usually an infallible mindset when buying parts, but i have always been completely convinced that coilovers were insanely overpriced, especially if they don't contain the shock body (which i'm not sure if these do or not, i didn't click the link...). i've been thinking for a while there's probably a pretty good market for a cheap, non-race inspired coilover- it seems like i was right.

customer satisfaction is a far better basis of product quality than cost.
right, they are a full coilover and shock body, just non adjustable dampening, which is fine for a street car that isn't raced or driven crazily. i love mine.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:46 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Uzi does it!
right, they are a full coilover and shock body, just non adjustable dampening, which is fine for a street car that isn't raced or driven crazily. i love mine.
no wonder you vw guys are ALL slammed. cost of entry is so cheap...

actually it's about time. i remember back in the day if you wanted cheap coilovers you got a set of arospeeds for $180 that would break on a pothole, and you still needed struts/shocks.

and they only made them for hondas.

edit- looking more on that site they make an e36 m3 header for $120!!!!!!!11 i will be researching this product...

and although i wasn't too excited about getting raceland coils since i do have plans for the track, i can't say i wasn't disappointed to find out their $240 e36 coilovers excluded the m3.

Last edited by blackout; 03-02-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Quick Reply: 07 Jetta Wheel Fitment - 18x8.5