Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

07 Jetta Wheel Fitment - 18x8.5

Old 03-03-2010, 06:15 AM
B Nice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW
Default Re: 07 Jetta Wheel Fitment - 18x8.5

Originally Posted by Uzi does it!
right, they are on to something, people who just have street cars, that want a good stance don't need to spend alot of money on something they are just using to go low. and they don't need to cost a fortune either, they will sell a whole lot more, and in turn make more money IMO
Could say the same about replica wheels, hmmm....
Old 03-03-2010, 06:15 AM
static air

Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas

...koni, kw, weitech, FK, and bilstein do not go low enough, K-sport, B&G, Vmaxx, Raceland, JOM, and a few others all go really low...
I can agree with all the others...but FK's?

come on brian, we both know FK's get low.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
Could say the same about replica wheels, hmmm....
WRONG.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:17 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

because my coilovers cost half of what "good" coilovers are supposed to cost, means they are junk.
Half???

Look, By saying I don't trust them for my wife, doesn't mean that I think I'd put them on the car and the car would explode 2 miles down the road. Like I said, this is just personal opinion and there may be no real justification for it. I simply think that if I was going to do something like lower my wife's car (which I won't), I would do it with components that I trusted to last for the long haul. I don't want something on my wife's car where springs are going to fail, they're going to corrode, leak, etc etc. I rarely drive my wife's car so I wouldn't know if something was starting to go wrong with it. In that aspect, I'd pay more for a coilover that I trusted would last for a long time without issue. a $260 set of coilovers would just not give me any peace of mind.

For your own car, I don't care what you do to the suspension. I don't agree with it, if for no other reason than safety (a car with 1/4" ground clearance and 1/8th" of wheel travel is not entirely safe), but I understand that you just want low at all costs.... for the look. That's fine.

It's just 100% opinion here... I wouldn't put my wife out on the road in her daily driven car on low quality suspension components.

(I don't however, have any problem with her driving my Toyota truck that is sure to spontaneously accelerate into a school bus)
Old 03-03-2010, 06:22 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

well certain coilovers go lower then others. megan does not make a coilover that goes low enough for me, koni, kw, weitech, FK, and bilstein do not go low enough, K-sport, B&G, Vmaxx, Raceland, JOM, and a few others all go really low, thats really all i care about.
The KWs I had on my MKIV would set the front on the ground, literally. I lowered it all the way just to see once. The rear was about 1/2" higher..... At least I think it was. I couldn't get the last jack out.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:42 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
think it's incredibly ironic and hilarious that the VW wheel whore crowd (who turn up their noses at things like Rotas) would even consider putting something like those coilovers on their cars. Why is it almost mandatory to buy wheels for VWs that cost over $500 each (you want to run with the cool kids, right?), but perfectly acceptable to put a $65 coilover behind that wheel? Some of the BBS center caps cost more per corner than those coilovers.
LOL. Good point. I still think there should be an affordable option for those who are more concerned with stance as opposed to racing functionality, but it is kind of hypocritical to rock $3000 wheels with $300 coils... that's like sporting a Rolex with a value city suit. To each their own...

And believe me I understand a price is put on premium engineering... but some coilovers can get into the $5000+ range, and even a basic set of teins or konis can run you $1000 easy. Not everyone will put these things to their full potential...
Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

some people just don't understand me, haha i accept it.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Lol @ the negative rep that I got from STIFTMFW. "You're black so your opinion doesn't even matter to me". Funny what people will say online.

Oh and learn the difference between "your" and "you're". Faggot.

Last edited by D.Nick; 03-03-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by D.Nick
Lol @ the negative rep that I got from STIFTMFW. "You're black so your opinion doesn't even matter to me". Funny what people will say online.

Oh and learn the difference between "your" and "you're". Faggot.
You might want to learn the difference between +rep and -rep.

And why don't you cry about it some more, lol.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
You might want to learn the difference between +rep and -rep.

And why don't you cry about it some more, lol.
You're lucky I wasn't paying attention. At least I know how to spell. Consider that free rep for being a faggot.

Quick Reply: 07 Jetta Wheel Fitment - 18x8.5