Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

1st Time Reckless Driving Summons - Need Advice

Old 07-26-2010, 03:52 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN
Default Re: 1st Time Reckless Driving Summons - Need Advice

Originally Posted by Scoutn757
This should generate conversation

Speeding fines and all this mess <
Are you going to complain about the fine when you get caught with the radar detector? Obeying the speed limit is much cheaper.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:23 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
Are you going to complain about the fine when you get caught with the radar detector? Obeying the speed limit is much cheaper.
Think he was argueing that it should be legal so that "all this mess" would not happen.

Problem with that is, buddy, your going to have more moron kids in their boosted turds doing triple digits whenever they feel like it when their little black box isn't beeping. Even if that's not a deterrant...you really think cops aren't going to have a comeback against a radar detector? Your dumb if you think that whistling piece of plastic is going to help VA.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:42 AM
Brofecta

ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX

Originally Posted by <©>
Think he was argueing that it should be legal so that "all this mess" would not happen.

Problem with that is, buddy, your going to have more moron kids in their boosted turds doing triple digits whenever they feel like it when their little black box isn't beeping. Even if that's not a deterrant...you really think cops aren't going to have a comeback against a radar detector? Your dumb if you think that whistling piece of plastic is going to help VA.
lol at radar detectors. don't waste your money
Old 07-26-2010, 05:52 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

OP, you're pretty much screwed. I try my hardest not to drive through or in VA for fear of speeding tickets.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

I paid $700 for my lawyer when i got an aggressive driving ticket and it was dropped to failure to obey an unofficial traffic signal or something and a $40 fine so i guess it was worth it (btw Larry Slipow is a GREAT choice for a traffic lawyer, dude was doing a crossword puzzle through the first couple people's cases and when mine was coming up, went over and said a few quick words to my officer, came to me, told me the reduced charge, we went up to the judge real quick, he left. smooth operator haha).

Although i highly highly highly doubt youll get out of this scott free you having a spotless record and taking the initiative to take a class should help.

also, just curious OP, how hold are you and what kind of car were you in?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:25 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
Research that model then get back at me. Fine ~$100 is better than the fine of the other. I do A LOT of I95 driving North and South and wouldn't go without one anymore.

Originally Posted by <©>

The kids with the turdboxes would get the $25 ones that don't go off until you're on top of the officer
Old 07-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

I got let off with a general defective equipment ticket. just sayin.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

for your brain? yeeeeee
Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by 3Point5SE
I got let off with a general defective equipment ticket. just sayin.
1 - it was yorktown, not the countryside, 2 - your lawyer was Tommy Norment.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

supaciviceg6 has disabled reputation

My first reckless in Va beach got me 3 days in jail(weekend) 83 in 55 mph, super fat fine and nice hike in insurance. Got second reckless a year later( on my bike), got lawyer(at $750), driver course( $100), AND it got dropped to improper driving , no time, and 60 day restricted. Never go without a lawyer, especially in the country.

Quick Reply: 1st Time Reckless Driving Summons - Need Advice