Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

2011 WRX gets STI wide body, wider track, and wider tires

Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 AM
LXRY STI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik
Default Re: 2011 WRX gets STI wide body, wider track, and wider tires

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
i think i got it mistaken for the 08 to 09 change. different turbo, suspension, grill, etc.
Yup, that was '08-'09 and let me tell you if I had an '08 I would have been pissed when the '09's came out....LOL!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:53 AM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
it's a half-assed spec c. kinda stripped (manual a/c and 4 less speakers is superlight!) with some spec c suspension bits and wheels
How is it dumb? Are you that lazy that you cant adjust your own A/C? It has different spring rates, bigger sways etc etc.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:58 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by Chris G.
How is it dumb? Are you that lazy that you cant adjust your own A/C? It has different spring rates, bigger sways etc etc.
it's just doesn't seem that "special" to me. all those spec c parts are all stuff that most enthusiasts would replace anyways. and even if it was going to be some kind of stripped down racer, it still weighs 3300+ lbs. which isn't that significantly lighter than the standard model.

this just seems like another one of those special edition corvettes or mustangs that are dressed up a little with nothing all that significant.

but i guess i could kinda see the point of having a slightly sportier stock car, but i personally wouldn't want to sacrifice amenities even with $2k cut down.

Last edited by Kim Jong Illin'; 03-24-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I like the special ed. I like the factory suspension mods, and I don't even care about the things they deleted (Oh no! No digital climate control and only a single disc player!). I like that they have it in white too. It's less expensive and I'll wait longer to modify it because I'll start off happier. Or just take the $2k toward mods and use it to surpass the normal STi even more.

Who cares if it isn't numbered? It's not a high performance edition like a Spec C or RA, it's just an options package. It's almost conceptually like a better handling, less stripped down WRX TR.

It just makes sense to me. And I hope they sell the shit out of these, because it would be another step in the right direction toward special editions that are actually better performing instead of just having some extra trimwork.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-24-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:01 PM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

Now I could understand if Subaru took those things away and charged more money for the car. I think its a good idea. But it needs to shed a little more weight.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Now I could understand if Subaru took those things away and charged more money for the car. I think its a good idea. But it needs to shed a little more weight.
Why would that make more sense? LOL....

None of the Spec C weight reduction stuff is going to make it here at the showroom, most of it won't pass safety recert or the money isn't justified to try. Especially not the bumper bars and things like that.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-24-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:03 PM
STi Round I

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Why would that make more sense? LOL....
Marketing 101....
Old 03-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Racetracks

Marketing 101....
Charge more, offer less, make people feel like they're not getting good value? I'd like to think that consumers aren't that dumb, but I know better.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 PM
STi Round I

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Charge more, offer less, make people feel like they're not getting good value?
Yeah. I may have worded my previous post wrong. But Im glad to see that they are not "charging more for less."
Old 03-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Racetracks

If I want less, I want that less to be removed to be able to fit a roll cage. Kinda like a GT3RS... LOL.

And no sunroof.

Quick Reply: 2011 WRX gets STI wide body, wider track, and wider tires