Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

86 Supra.. Good cars?

Old 10-01-2006 | 07:01 AM
Subapoop

ubermagoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 86 Supra.. Good cars?

Originally Posted by MaxPower
Turbo MKIII's are fun cars, I have one (ubermagoo's actually). When you get a metal head gasket and fix ALL the bugs out you can have a 400HP 450ish lb/tq daily driver on a stock motor and it still be safe. There not great drag cars though, so if your looking for only straight line speed you might want to reconsider. I love my car but I'v spent close to 10K on mine to make it a fun and reliable car.
holy crap! how is my baby doing? I still look at old pics and remenisce (sp?) about that car. What did you change on it? got any recent pictures? God i miss that car...
Old 10-01-2006 | 07:35 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by FijiPhilTSi
I recently got an automatic conquest. I still like my 5 speed better, but they arent bad at all. They are also quicker off the line than the 5 speed cars . Jarrod, was that starion in good shape?
Yah it was.

Mk2 Supra> Mk3 Supra.

Mk1>*
Old 10-01-2006 | 08:05 PM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower

Originally Posted by ubermagoo
holy crap! how is my baby doing? I still look at old pics and remenisce (sp?) about that car. What did you change on it? got any recent pictures? God i miss that car...
Well there were things that I had to replace like the engine wire harness and PCV system was pretty clogged so some seals are getting replaced. Right know im putting on a FFIM and bigger intercooler, Brembo BBK, and changing the oil cooler and PCV setup. I already put on a T04B, Megan racing coilovers (track series), Maft Pro (speed density+boost control), FJO wide band, Defi gauge setup, one piece aluminum drive shaft, and a lot of smaller stuff.

From the outside the the car looks exactly the same just lower. Someday I might get it painted black or dark blue but first I want to do a complete engine build on the side and have 500-600HP reliable DD. For know this turbo will easily do 400 hp. With good handling and brakes I have a pretty well rounded setup for now. I should have a camera in a week and ill e-mail you some pics.

Sorry Buugiewuugie for the highjack .
Old 10-10-2006 | 06:40 PM
Registered Member

lostmenoggin can only hope to improve
Re: 86 Supra.. Good cars?

swap the 7mgte into an mk2.