Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Anyone ever crack a windshield from hitting a bump or pothole? Fucking 64/264!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: Anyone ever crack a windshield from hitting a bump or pothole? Fucking 64/264!

64/264 is horrible. I hate my commute.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Anyone ever crack a windshield from hitting a bump or pothole? Fucking 64/264!

I think we should all write complaint letters... if a good portion of the automotive community complained then maybe they could re-prioritize some of our tax dollars to get this crap fixed.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Maybe if being elected governor wasn't about gay rights and his opinion on if we should be able to kill babies before they are born we could get our roads fixed. But, good luck with that. I think VDOT is like millions short this year. And every year.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

VDOT was denied millions by the State for highway maintenance earlier in the year i believe.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

I know... but they still have an operations plan and certain activities get done... the more people complain the better it'll get. I can swerve around the potholes, but when you have the damn speedbumps that span multiple lanes it really screws you.

EDIT: Daft's post backs me up... they were denied b/c constituits are more vocal about other things. Make some noise and they'll start to take note.

Funny thing is they're upping the speed limit from 65 to 70 in places... sweet.... now I can hit the road caverns even faster! Maybe I'll blow out a wheel bearing next.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Yep. The last windshield was installed poorly, and the first time I backed out of my driveway and stanky legged it after putting in coilovers/poly bushings, it went 'pop' and cracked right across. Guessing it was slightly tweaked and thats all it needed.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

accurate driveway description for kris _/

You can complain though, Suffolk went and grinded down there speed bumps on our side of ptown blvd so I happy
Old 03-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by ShawnD
accurate driveway description for kris _/

You can complain though, Suffolk went and grinded down there speed bumps on our side of ptown blvd so I happy
Yeah, my driveway is interesting, plus I have that 'gutter' at the end. Makes for interesting ins and outs.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:25 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Interestingly VDOT started grinding some down... there used to be a horrible on on 264W (toward Norfolk) just after getting on from Oceana/First Colonial. They smoothed it down and it's a non-issue now. Then they stopped. There's a horrible one exiting 64E onto NorthHampton Blvd, and of course the 3 in a row that screwed me on 64E getting off onto 264E. Oh... and getting onto 264E (toward the bach) from independence is horrid.

I'm going to write an offical complaint letter on this one.
i hit this one every morning... its right at the start of the turn too... worst spot it could be.
i swear i could get airborn off the thing if i tried
Old 03-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Don't forget that fucking huge bump getting onto 264W at Independence on the right side of the on-ramp just before merging...

Ouch.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever crack a windshield from hitting a bump or pothole? Fucking 64/264!