Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

anyone have some advice or something for me to consider before i get out of cars?..

Old 02-18-2010, 04:22 AM
jss
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jss has disabled reputation
Default Re: anyone have some advice or something for me to consider before i get out of cars?

haha alright thanks guys glad im not the only one..
Old 02-18-2010, 04:50 AM
Blowin' smoke.

tdi520 is a jewel in the roughtdi520 is a jewel in the roughtdi520 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: anyone have some advice or something for me to consider before i get out of cars?

Personally, I just use my car obsession as motivation to make more money, become more educated, etc.

...but you need self control. If you don't have that, get a truck or something.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:32 AM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

It's so relaxing having a car your really don't care about. Park it anywhere etc and not worry.

I miss our Cherokee...
Old 02-18-2010, 05:37 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
So you have a single cam (presumably) with 172k mi and you're worried about beating on it and it's looks?
My thoughts exactly... you've got an older Civic and you're obsessing over it? It's not a classic Ferrari, it's a daily beater.

Get a cheap truck ad a DD if you must, but then why have a car with money tied up in it if you're never going to drive it.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:05 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

You could always fuck a dirty hooker and get aids. Then this problem won't seem so important.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Or he could be a dead Hatian.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:36 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Or he could be a dead Hatian.
Too soon bro. Too soon.

TBQH i can't really consider anyone "into" cars heavily if you haven't done some crazy modding. Stereo, a clutch, and keeping it clean doesn't constitute being "into" it. On my Evo I had a few things done just tipped the iceberg of being into it. Fuel pump, 10.5 hotside for the turbo, boost controller, exhaust manifold, down pipe, test pipe, HKS Hi power cat back, turbo timer, clutch, Evo 9 tail lights (not cheap), evo 9 headlights, and next was a reflash but I sold it before doing that. Once I got into cams, alky injection, bigger turbo/injectors, another tune and all that stuff then I figured I'd have been into it deeper.

With my current car, all I'm going to do is lower it, possible hard top, header, gears, and clutch and i'm completely done. And I really want a nice bimmer to drive around in and make the S the garage queen/weekend car.

Cliffs: You haven't done enough to consider getting out. You've never really been in.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Cliffs: You haven't done enough to consider getting out. You've never really been in.
+1

Bro... you never had me... you never had your car
Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you want to get out, get out. You can always get back in later when you make more money and don't blow all your paychecks for basic car mods.

My current car is almost stock. I've learned that it's just as fun to make stuff for other people's cars, because then I make money instead of spending money.

I've decided I'm going to buy a Cayman or something and leave it stock, then just play with other people's racecars for a living.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 02-18-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:58 AM
piss'd n miss'd

mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45

Originally Posted by ....AJ....
+1...I fully agree with you on that...

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
+1

Bro... you never had me... you never had your car
Granny shiftin' not double clutching like you should...

Quick Reply: anyone have some advice or something for me to consider before i get out of cars?..