Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Anyone with K-Pro Experience

Old 01-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7
Default Anyone with K-Pro Experience

Just got k-pro and have run into some complications. tried to load stock map but immobilizer was blinking. tried to start but cranked and cranked no luck. turned immobilizer off and tried to start again still same thing. called hondata and they tell me to pull plugs and fuel rail. that cant be it because my car was running flawlessly right before i sent my ecu. if anyone has any clues it would be appreciated.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Anyone with K-Pro Experience

So you sent the ECU to Hondata to get the K-Pro installed?
If the installation was done wrong, the immo would disable the fuel pump, etc. This is why they are having you check the rail, etc. They may have sent you back someone else's ECU, in which case the immo would freak out, and I'm not sure if that's stored in the ECU or not, so I'm not sure if disabling the immo after that would help or not. I don't know much about K-Pro setups, I'm just giving general OBD2b advice.

Also it's a real long shot, and really not very probable, but:
Check all the connections where the ECU harness plugs in to the ECU, I've occasionally seen a pin back out of it's connector shell if the ECU has been unplugged and plugged back in. Like I said, very unlikely but it has happened.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 01-26-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Registered Member

6spdeg has disabled reputation

turning immo off in kpro takes care of that iss... Kpro is a fully programmable ECU unlike the old b series... They are giving you basic trouble shooting in my opinion... have you installed your base calibration to your car? you may want to try and follow the steps again to make sure it is in properly.
what car is the K motor in????
Old 01-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Registered Member

00civic23 has disabled reputation

are you sure you uploaded the calibration again with the immobilizer turned off. You have to upload everytime a change is made.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:12 AM
Registered Member

seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7

ya ill check out the prongs today after work. the k-pro is in an 03 si, someone said on the base calibration i have to load the calibration with the immo off two times in a row for the ecu to accept it. ill try that also. thanks guys
Old 01-27-2006, 03:51 AM
Registered Member

Druz-S has disabled reputation

not sure how the SI runs but you are backing the key out of the on position after you load the calibration right? Id take it completely out of the ignition which worked when mine did the same thing...i have an RSX though.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

ya i back it out ill try taking it completely out tho