Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ATTN: Everyone I've ever taken pics for.

Old 08-02-2006 | 01:41 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng
Default Re: ATTN: Everyone I've ever taken pics for.

Originally Posted by _____
Technically he doesnt but when he does "photoshoots" of the cars he does.

Not by law but to cover his own ass. Trust me, Ive been through it.
Getting people to sign stuff won't stop them from bringing a civil suit if they choose to. As long as he isn't breaking any federal or state laws I'm not sure what getting permission is for, aside from just being a nice guy.
Old 08-02-2006 | 01:48 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by Keepin it Klean
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it
Mike I'm leaving my house, but I think I'd like to use the simpleviewer program for each section of the site.
Old 08-02-2006 | 01:57 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Originally Posted by eng
Getting people to sign stuff won't stop them from bringing a civil suit if they choose to. As long as he isn't breaking any federal or state laws I'm not sure what getting permission is for, aside from just being a nice guy.
Basically when a client puts their signiture on the release form, they agree to give up all right to the photo. I have the right to sell it or use it in any advertisement. They have no leagal right to bring suite against me for use of their image.

Lets say Matt wanted to be an ass, he could take Joe to court and say that he never gave Joe permission to use his car on his website. Joe would have to pay up(in most cases).The release that I have people sign, prevents that from happening to me.

Im by no means saying this happens all the time, and that it will happen but its just always better to cover your butt ya know? I usually dont make friends sign it but if I photograph some strangers on the street, I make sure to have a signed copy from em
Old 08-02-2006 | 02:54 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Lets say Matt wanted to be an ass, he could take Joe to court and say that he never gave Joe permission to use his car on his website. Joe would have to pay up(in most cases).The release that I have people sign, prevents that from happening to me.
Stop giving him ideas. That bitch has TWO pics on there already.
Old 08-02-2006 | 03:34 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

And one of those pics is modified without my permission.
Old 08-02-2006 | 03:35 PM
_______

Originally Posted by blah
And one of those pics is modified without my permission.
I saw it all! Ill testify against that samoan!
Old 08-02-2006 | 03:44 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Basically when a client puts their signiture on the release form, they agree to give up all right to the photo. I have the right to sell it or use it in any advertisement. They have no leagal right to bring suite against me for use of their image.

Im by no means saying this happens all the time, and that it will happen but its just always better to cover your butt ya know? I usually dont make friends sign it but if I photograph some strangers on the street, I make sure to have a signed copy from em
Having a signature prevents nothing, anyone can bring a civil suit against you for any reason/any time. Now the chances of them winning are slim-to-none if you have something signed. But it isn't some magical shield that will prevent lawsuits.
Old 08-02-2006 | 03:52 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by ritz
Team I'm such a homosexual and had a sick ass car, but I sold it cause I'm gay.
I want in.
Old 08-02-2006 | 04:04 PM
_______

Originally Posted by eng
Having a signature prevents nothing, anyone can bring a civil suit against you for any reason/any time. Now the chances of them winning are slim-to-none if you have something signed. But it isn't some magical shield that will prevent lawsuits.
I agree. Like I said it covers your ass. They no longer have any rights over that image.

You really only need releases if you are going to use the iamges in a commerical context. Especially so if you want to sell them to a (non-editorial) stock agency.

EDIT:
This is just about what mine looks like but I have a few more details on the ones I use.

Model Release Form
I, ___________________, do hereby give ________________, his (her) assigns, licenses, and legal representatives the irrevocable right to use my name (or any fictional name), picture, portrait, or photograph in all forms and media and in all manners, including composite or distorted representations, for advertising, trade, or any other lawful purposes, and I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy, that may be created in connection therewith, in considerable of $____, receipt of which is acknowledged. I have read this release and am fully familiar with its contents. I am 18 yeas of age or older.

Signed:
Print Name:
Address:
Date:
Witness:

Consent (if applicable)
I am the parent and guardian of the minor named above and have the legal authority to execute the above release. I approve the foregoing and waive any rights in the premises.

Signed:
Print Name:
Address:
Date:
Witness:

Note: if the subject is a minor, cross out the last sentence of the release and have the consent area signed.

Last edited by _____; 08-02-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2006 | 04:36 PM
Registered Member

phxaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw the site a few min ago... and good luck with everything. BTW, answer my damn messages

Quick Reply: ATTN: Everyone I've ever taken pics for.