Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Audi A4 / BMW 318 - Questions.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Unconfirmed User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Audi A4 / BMW 318 - Questions.

Neither would be turbo or AWD...

However, my main concern is.... how often do things tend to break, and how much are repair costs?

How long do the engines typicall last?
What about the transmissions?

How much does an engine rebuild cost?
What about the transmission?

I know it directly depends on the individual car, but I'm just looking for "typically" answers...

Also, are these extremely hard to repair everything on? I've heard that every minor minor minor thing has to go straight to a dealership.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey
Default Re: Audi A4 / BMW 318 - Questions.

Don't know what happened to the other thread, but if you buy and Audi, you should definitely look into a Vag-Com. Pays fo itself 100 times over
Old 11-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Code scanner?

And thanks...

Anyone else have any input about reliability, repair costs and ease of repairs?

I need something that doesn't break hardly ever, and when it does, I can get it back going fast.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

well it's more than a code scanner, and if your looking for something that hardly ever breaks and isn't terribly costly to repair than I don't think either of those is a good choice. I own an Audi, and I love the car, but inexpensive it is not
Old 11-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Registered member

You might also want to check out www.audiworld.com
Old 11-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Unconfirmed User

I'd like the bmw 318 or 325 over the audi... just saw the a4, and liked it... so it's being considered.