Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Best place to get tranny rebuilt...

Old 05-22-2004, 10:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these parts
Default Best place to get tranny rebuilt...

Alright, as yall know I'm completely rice *ahem* I mean hotdog with the Neon, but she's makin' a whining noise. I took her into 'American Pride' on 17 and they said it was the tranny... Time to get her rebuilt.

I just wanna know where's the best place to get the tranny rebuilt? I just want a 18-24 month warranty on their work. I've less than 2 years until my commission in the Army and when I do I'm ditchin' the Neon. Hopefully goin' SLK 320 or IS 300, but thats besides the point. Right now I need a tranny rebuild for my Plymouth Neon, 3 speed automatic.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-23-2004, 07:29 AM
Not Yet

HP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Best place to get tranny rebuilt...

whatever you do dont go to american transmission
Old 05-23-2004, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

While were on the subject. Can you upgrade a transmission? Not w/ a different one. But like rebuild it better
Old 05-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley

Only a 3 speed?
Old 05-23-2004, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

LightY3arZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ
While were on the subject. Can you upgrade a transmission? Not w/ a different one. But like rebuild it better
Yes.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Do you suggest somewhere?
Old 05-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

LightY3arZ is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I've never paid to have a transmission rebuilt, so I can not suggest a good place to do so.

When my AOD went south a few months back, it was cheaper to buy a slightly used one and swap it in, than rebuild the old one. However, Ive kept the old tranny, and later when I have the finances and time, will rebuild it, upgrading the valve body, overdrive band, etc. So to answer your question, yes, you can rebuild a transmission to be better than before.

Now, if your looking for a source of parts to beef up an Auto tranny, checking out Art Carr, and Level 10 performance would be a good start.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

it's a manual though
Old 05-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Breezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by growley
Only a 3 speed?
Yeah man... 3 speed auto in my Neon. lol! Now all of you know I'm all show and no go, so I'm not lookin' for performance here... I wanna get this rebuilt and I might sell it later this year and go for a late 90's civic hatch, not sure. Just needa get this tranny rebuilt first! lol!
Old 05-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Shad at Abacus is the transmission man to go to. He does excellent work and is an all around great guy.

Quick Reply: Best place to get tranny rebuilt...