Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Car Care Tips & Suggestions

Old 07-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Srsly.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Car Care Tips & Suggestions

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
3m finesse polishing compound, like 24 bucks a bottle.....its mainly used for fresh paints jobs because it contains no silicone or wax, it removes 1500 and finer grit sand scratches, but is also awesome for older paints that have lite to moderate scratches, it buffs to a shine and cuts very well. must use a real buffer to get the material to heat up enough to cut, i reccomend foam pads with that polish. also 3m lite/dark foam pad polish, also silicone and wax free but will give your car that super shine your looking for, after that if you have an older job a nice wax over top will do well, my personal favorite is Nxt. 3m yellow detail cloths are the most amazing towels known to man, they run 30 some bucks for a package of 6. but are washable, will not scratch, but will pick up things that do. 3m foam pads are my favorite, i shy away from wool when polishing. fuck a sponge....i use plain white shop paper towels. you can buy them in a box of like 300, there on a roll, you fold em up and they are great, will not scratch the topcoat whatsoever if the surface is clean and are very durable if your not washing sharp objects, ha.....
Haha, I thought I was the only one that new about Finesse it II. Excellent product.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:19 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

mr. clean autodry good for quick car wash
meguiars "the gold class" liquid car wax
meguiars hot shine tire coating
eagle one nevr dull wadding polish for chrome trimming

wash and/or wax at around 7 at night or early in the morning if you dont have shade
Old 07-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by LSPinoy
wash and/or wax at around 7 at night or early in the morning if you dont have shade
Another good bit of advice.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:57 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Do not take your car to a dealership.

Reason, well, one of them...

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
I think one of the most important things is to understand how much damage can be done with a high speed buffer in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they are doing.
Seriously.

I wash my car twice, and spray the mitt out to keep dirt from scratching my paint.

I'm a Beginner detailer; so take what I say lightly.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Drunken Irish

djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome

Spraying the mitt definitly helps.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:23 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
I think one of the most important things is to understand how much damage can be done with a high speed buffer in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they are doing.
ABSOLUTELY, if you have never used a real high speed buffer that has torque like an angle grinder, than let me give you this advice, practice first on some old shit before you go buffing on something you actually care about cause you can burn the clear, zing the paint right off and simply just fuck your shit up if you dont know how to handle and use the buffer and are new at it. practice makes perfect.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:26 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

This isn't really CAR care but, on my dirt bike I have some scratches in the plasctic and I was wondering what the best way would be to smooth them out.

I guess this would also apply to interior parts too.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

Chisle is an unknown quantity at this point

A good question would be where are good places that detail your car FOR you? I know im not the only one who gets lazy...especially in this nearing 100 degree heat we've been having.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:31 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by Chisle
A good question would be where are good places that detail your car FOR you? I know im not the only one who gets lazy...especially in this nearing 100 degree heat we've been having.

Early morning and closer to dark. It's perfect weather.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Chisle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4k3
Early morning and closer to dark. It's perfect weather.
That would be good if my work schedule didnt prevent that.

Quick Reply: Car Care Tips & Suggestions