Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Car Depreciation

Old 01-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Re: Car Depreciation

Originally Posted by JROW
Go fly a kite bro.
Yo I wanna fly a kite, lunch plans?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

We're shopping for another car but depreciation is a concern of mine. I never thought I'd buy brand new but I might have to. We want antother Subaru and they just seem to hold there value well, not making it worth while to buy used. Still investingating though...
Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 AM
FckYoCouch

rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin

Originally Posted by Twelvz
We're shopping for another car but depreciation is a concern of mine. I never thought I'd buy brand new but I might have to. We want antother Subaru and they just seem to hold there value well, not making it worth while to buy used. Still investingating though...
Supply and demand...... Subi's, especially lately, are in HIGH demand... heck, the Outback actually took the Motortrend SUV of the year! Pick up trucks are always in demand, hence a higher resale... Neons, Cobalts, Cavaliers on the other hand, not exactly the best reliability reputation.....

It's a lot easier to get a loan for a $40k new vehicle as apposed to a $30k used vehicle... from my experience at least....
Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by Twelvz
How is it not worth while to buy used? Pick one up w/15k miles (or less) for a shit load less than new and have full factory warranty. A lot better than paying more and losing even more right away. Unless you got it like that and don't care, but then we wouldn't be making these posts.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:10 PM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
What exactly determines a vehicles overal depreciation? Comparing my 07 GMC Sierra vs my wifes 07 VW Jetta it seems as though her car has dropped like a rock.

So it got me thinking about all of the cars through the years and how the pricing of them has dropped without any clear reasoning to me as to why.
I'm feeling this exact same pain as my wife shops for an IS250