Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

CAR THEFT CHALLENGE...

Old 06-12-2008, 08:11 AM
been around awhile.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas
Default Re: CAR THEFT CHALLENGE...

good thread, but lo-jack only helps if your car gets stolen, not if they just steal off it.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:05 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by BillMW
If I'm not mistaken, a large majority of police cruisers have been equipped with LoJack for years. The GPS setup sounds intriguing and obviously less costly, but isn't it portable? Do you just hide it under the back seat where thieves can't find it? Please elaborate on this, thanks.
Its a very small system, just like the Lojack. Its a GPS tracking system, not a GPS navigation unit. The problem with LoJack's numbers on recovery, is that most cars that are stolen, are joy rides. They drive it, drop it and then its found. With imports, by the time its found, most of the time its stripped. I'd rather rely on knowing where my vehicle is, than hoping a cruiser drives within range of it.

Originally Posted by JDMrice07
I thought someone on here with a ITR had Lo-jack and found there car in suffolk with just a busted driver side window and broken steering column.
Yes. I'm guessing the theives dropped the car off and were gonna come back for it, but police found it first.

Originally Posted by cleckner04
so are you saying that lojack is ran off the battery. so if its unhooked you will never find your car again? or are you talking about the gps tracking device? witch one would you choose if you had too?
The Lojack has its own battery, so if the car's battery is disconnected it still has its own power for a few days.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:00 AM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ITSUKI Drifter

I personally will not buy a LoJack unit for my vehicles... personal reasons since I am an installer.
Don't mean to pry...would you care to elaborate on this?
Old 06-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

+1
Old 06-13-2008, 08:47 AM
...pulls trailer!!!

TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8

JUST GET A DAMN ALARM WITH A TILT SENSOR AND A PROXIMITY SENSOR AND YOUR GOOD
Old 06-13-2008, 08:57 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by TurboEG8
JUST GET A DAMN ALARM WITH A TILT SENSOR AND A PROXIMITY SENSOR AND YOUR GOOD
You're dumb.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:03 AM
NA No V-tec D

gene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the rough

what he means is that your pressured to install the lojack quickly, so most often than none the antenna and the unit are installed in the same place in EVERY vehicle you do. so to a theif if he/she knows it has lojack, then it takes nothing to pull the antenna or the unit. just like how people install alarms in the same place in vehicles (dirver side knee or kick panel) and takes a thief a few seconds to pull the brain, i can elaborate more on who has access to where your vehicle is at too.... with lojack....
Old 06-13-2008, 09:32 AM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

please....elaborate, im about to purchase a new car and the last thing i want is to buy a dud alarm system.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:38 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

government conspiracy.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:53 AM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gene
what he means is that your pressured to install the lojack quickly, so most often than none the antenna and the unit are installed in the same place in EVERY vehicle you do. so to a theif if he/she knows it has lojack, then it takes nothing to pull the antenna or the unit. just like how people install alarms in the same place in vehicles (dirver side knee or kick panel) and takes a thief a few seconds to pull the brain, i can elaborate more on who has access to where your vehicle is at too.... with lojack....
All that said (and thanks for your input) you seem to be focusing on the 10%, not the 90%; meaning the recovery rate of LoJack. Not to mention up to 35% off insurance premiums (for fire, theft and vandalism) and a full refund for the system if your vehicle is not recovered within 24 hours. Personally I think that's pretty convincing and worth the investment if I owned a vehicle that's a likely target. It would be a breath of fresh air to see instead of a post where someone's "ride got jacked last night"; a "cops found my ride and thieves got caught" thread.

Quick Reply: CAR THEFT CHALLENGE...